Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM node manager system shut down error

dinesh joshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing problem with icm 7.5. I am getting icm node manager system shut down error when starting PG1B or PG2B servce from

icm service control. PG side A s working fine.

error screen shot is attached.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

DJ

21 Replies 21

please find

opc logs

The only thing that stand out is: Synchronizing for sideB OPC failed due to startup argument (DMPSystemID) being incompatible with other side's values (1 2).

I think this is configured in the CTI server, but I could be wrong.  Look through your setup and ensure that your System ID is the same.

david

Hey David,

Good catch, indeed this the cause :

19:26:17 pg1B-opc Synchronizing for sideB OPC failed due to startup argument (DMPSystemID) being incompatible with other side's values (1 2).

The DMP System ID is essentially identifying whether this the 1st or 2nd PG that's on this system, this has consequences for the port numbers that are used to communicate bewteen OPC and MDS etc.. It seems there's a mismatch between what the A side and B side see as the 1st / 2nd PG. Did you ever add or remove other PG pairs on one of these machines ?

To get this fixed, you'll want to completely remove both PG1B and PG2B from the Setup on this machine and then re-add them. If the issue persists, you'll want to do the same on the A side server.

Cheers,

Kris

I have never removed the PG pair. I will reinstall PG1B and 2B. Hope reinstallation of Pg 1b and 2b won't effect my PG side A.

Hi,

Now the problem has resolved.  I have removed the PG1B and 2B and re-added. Now things are working fine.

Thanks a lot guys.

Regards,

Dinesh Joshi

Synchronizing for sideB OPC failed due to startup argument (DMPSystemID) being incompatible with other side's values (1 2).

This is indeed your issue.

Check setup on PG1A & 2A, and 1& 2B.  Somewhere, the setup got "confused" about whether it's truly PG1 or PG2.  Your current plan of remove / re-add should take care of it.

It's not a hostname or name resolution issue.  It's not a PIM problem.

Hi Dinesh,

Have you created forward and reverse lookup zone on domain with public and private ip address.

For example if for loggera you are having a host name loggera with the below ip addresses

public 192.168.1.11

public high 192.168.1.12

private 159.168.1.11

private high 159.168.1.12

did you add those ip with host name host(A) in lookup zone just like the below example

loggera 192.168.1.11

loggerah 192.168.1.12

loggerap 159.168.1.11

loggeraph 159.168.1.12

Infact if you are using host name in the setup you need to do that in the lookup zone for all ucce servers and also its better if you add those host name and ip address in the host file of all the servers.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque.