cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX – Agents want to see with IP Phone Agent, when calls come into queue, Caller id instead of CTI port number for UCCX.

liseboyer
Level 1
Level 1

My client replaced an UCCE by an UCCX.  We have only one port group (300) for all applications used for different agents group in country.  CSQ are configured by skills and one resource (agent) may have more than one skill.  We have no problem with CAD, agent see caller ID and a lot of information.  But some agents use IP Phone Agent instead of CAD and with IP Phone Agent, the UCCX port appear instead of caller ID.  Because we just have one group of port, we can’t personalize where calls come from.  We taught to test on CTI port (for UCCX ports), to modify on « Forwarded Call Information Display on Device CtiP » « Caller Name », « Caller Number », « Redirected Number », « Dialed Number » and to try to follow other information than ports number.  But because these information are not in UCCX and that we would have to modify directly on CTI ports, we didn’t try it because if we have to do a reset on UCCX ports, we would lose these modifications.  If we would have port groups for each application, it would be different, but it is not the case.  We suggest customer to user CAD with all agents and that very often “IP Phone Agent” is use only for backup solution in case on CAD problem.

Do you have suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Lise Boyer

Bell Canada

8 Replies 8

ankitaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

As far as I know the true ANI and DNIS will show in the Enterprise Data  window on the CAD desktop, but the IP phone will show the DN of the CTI
port. This is because the transfer from IPCCX to the agent is a consult transfer. As such, the agent will see the DN of the CTI Port until they
answer the call. Once they answer the call, the transfer is sent through and the ANI can then be seen on the phone.

Thanks

Ankita

Hello,

Go to the CUCM -> system -> Srvice Parameter , choose the publisher then cisco call manager service

update this value to true , it is false by default:

Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity

In this case , the number that it will be forwarded is the original number , not the CTI Port.

Amer

Hi,

It works in most of cases, but not in my case: just be carefull not to have a translation rule on your CUCM which transforms the called number.

In this case, you won't see the caller name anymore, you will just see the caller number.

Regards

Bertrand

Did this work as I am experiencing the same issue with the CTI port showing up and not the real ANI of the caller.  This parameter specifies Unity - will this apply to any call consult transfer?

Hello,

It should work, i did it multiple times.

Hi Amer,

I have tried your suggestion by setting the service parameter to true,however, when I make a queue call I still see CTI port number on the phone in ringing state instead of actual caller-id..any more ideas? do I need to reset the ports on anything else?

thanks
Aamir

I've tried that param and it seems to be Unity specific... as the name would suggest!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You need to configure the 'telecaster' application user in CUCM and in Cisco Desktop Administrator. See this thread for more details: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3122467#3122467

As well as showing enterprise call data when the phone is ringing, it will ensure the IPPA screen stays on the phone after the call.

Brian