Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to UCCX.

I have a simple UCCX script doing the following:

1. Accept the call

2. Play a prompt

3. Disconnect the call

playPromptScript.JPG

The prompt was uploaded in Prompt Management. When running reactive scripting, it pass through Play Prompt; but I cannot hear the wave file. The prompt was encoded as CCITT u-Law, 8 kHZ, 1 mono, 8 bit, and 64 kbps.

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the call connecting as g711? How is your prompt defined in the script?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Chris,

The System Parameters is indicating the codec as G711. Initially, the prompt was assigned to a problem variable; but I changed Play Prompt to point straight to the file - click Browse and selected the file.

Hi,

can you please check the MIVR logs?

Also, can you disable the "Continue on Prompt Errors" setting (Play Prompt step) just for testing? Is there an exception thrown there?

G.

i have a same problem, also in debug (see image attached) 

Just for giggles, record a voicemail (if you have Unity) save that voicemail to your UCCX and try and play it.

Sounds like a wrong WAV file codec issue......

dferrie
Level 1
Level 1

What version of UCCX? Did you upload the prompts individually or in a zip file?

from the screen shot the script looks fine. does the call stay connected or does the call hang up?

Can you play the file on you local PC?

I changed the Play Prompt to "Continue on Prompt Error" and there were no issues. The script has one prompt which it was uplaoded manually to Prompt Managment. Using Windows Media Player, I can hear the prompt.

One thing to note, I'm using a softphone. When I dial out route point 4000, it keeps resolving to other route points e.g. 4001 or 4009. I can run re-eactive script; so I'm assuming it is a display issue on the softphone.

The number you dial: the route point, is switch to the CTI Port selected for you call. It's randomly picked from the Call Control Group.  That's probably what you are experiencing.

Can you upload the wav file to the forum or is it private?

There could be a lot of things going on here, to include you are not executing the same script you're looking at.  It happens.  A lot.  Your best bet is to enable ENG debugging and then pull Engine traces for review.  Feel free to upload them here for all to see and help.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

spalacio82
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem! I can not resolved! please help

chrismillion1
Level 1
Level 1

Could be in the wrong folder...  try uploading the prompt to en_US and en

Hi chrismillion1, I followed your advice but the error continues. 

I discovered that from the Application Management can not play wav files. 

see image attached. please, help me.