cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

converting VoIP to analog

penevsquare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I would like to ask if there has an opportunity to convert VoIP to Analog telephone exchange, what equipment do I need in order to achieve that (hardware and software)?

thank you very much indeed for your help

Best Regards

5 Replies 5

Hi

You can achieve that with ATA 187

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps514/ps11026/data_sheet_c78-608596.pdf

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello George,

For example an Voice Gateway that provides translation between VoIP and non-VoIP networks, such as the PSTN. Gateways also provide physical access for local analog and digital voice devices, such as telephones, fax machines, key sets, and private branch exchanges (PBX).

An ATA 187 is used onnect analog phones and fax machines to their VoIP network.

My questions is what you need?

Take a look on the CUCM Doc to understand the IP Telephony Solution to see what is your need.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/presence.html#wp1191802

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

There are many possibilities to convert from VoIP to analog. The ATA that was mentioned earlier is one, if you have more than a few and these all can be connected to a central point you can use a VG224 or VG350, another possibility is to use various expansions cards in a Cisco router. For this please look at cisco.com for a list of the FXS cards that are available.

Please rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

penevsquare
Level 1
Level 1

thank you very much to all of you for your prompt responds, the idea is that I have an analog exchange central that is valued to approx. 1400$ and I would like to use it, so with this ATA187 I should achieve the using of my analog phones, am I right? About ATA187, this is just plug and run,or there has some adjustments with software that I should do?

Could you excuse me in advance for my questions,I know that they may sound stupid but VoIP is very complicated and I am not very familiar with that materia.

thanks again

best regards

When you say "analog exchange" do you mean telco connection? I.e. POTS line?

If so, then ATA or VGs will not provide that as those provide "station" ports for analog device connectivity, i.e. modem, fax, analog handset.

If you need PSTN analog connection then FXO port on voice gateway would be needed.

Chris