Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn inst

dass ranjith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am working in a upgrade and as part of the upgrade process , I want to install the "ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn".

Our version is 10.5.2.13901-2 and I have to load the COP file to run the pre-upgrade check 

The file is loaded on to the SFTP server . The CUCM is selecting the file under the upgrade page and then it is failing as shown below. 

Noticed the file name is showing twice and no idea why 

dassranjith_0-1675329786527.png

dassranjith_1-1675329786531.png

Tried different SFTP server ,same result and currently i am using the Titan SFTP one 

dassranjith_2-1675329786412.png

FAILED with the following reason 

ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgnciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn
Directory /
Server 10.1.0.1
User Name root
Download Status
Download Status Warning Error encountered: The file could not be downloaded. MD5 Hash Value:

I suspect since the file name is showing as twice - it is failing the MD5 value.

Please help

Regards

R

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dass ranjith
Level 1
Level 1

resolved  -Found to be an issue with the FTP server

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

dass ranjith
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the same error on GUI as well as  in CLI 

verify the MD5 of downloaded file. looks like file downloaded is corrupted. . On the cisco software.cisco.com download page MD5 value is mentioned compare it with the downloaded. You can check the MD5 of a download file using below command from windows machine.

Windows

1. Open the Windows command line.
    Press Windows + R, type cmd and press Enter.
    Alternative: You can also open command prompt or Windows PowerShell from the Start menu, of course.

2. Go to the folder that contains the file whose MD5 checksum you want to check and verify.

Command: Type cd followed by the path to the folder.
    Tip: You can drag and drop a folder from Windows Explorer to insert the path.

3. Type the command below

certutil -hashfile <file> MD5

Replace <file> with the filename.

Response Signature

Thanks Nithin.

I did check with a MD5 checker tool  and not seeing any error 

dassranjith_0-1675331594772.png

Any idea why the name is showing up twice in GUI as well as in the CLI command .

I think because of this the md5 is failing 

dassranjith_1-1675331949892.png

1) ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgnciscocm.enable-sha512s um-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn
q) quit

Please select an option (1 - 1 or "q"

As noticed the CUCM downloaded the file from the SFTP server but the downloaded file name is showing twice 

dass ranjith
Level 1
Level 1

resolved  -Found to be an issue with the FTP server

If you please could outline what was the issue with the FTP server that might be helpful for others that down the line sees this post and has a similar problem.

Response Signature

What SFTP server were you using that you found was giving you the issue? I'm having the same prob but trying to find a free commercial one other then solar winds to use.

@dass ranjith , could you please elaborate what was the issue with the FTP server and how it got resolved.

we are also exeriencing same issue (we are using : SolarWinds SFTP)

At first it wouldn’t authenticate or connect at all. But a service under “OpenSSH” was not running. Then It would connect but when it got to the file transfer portion would stop and come to a halt.

I then found Rebex Tiny SFTP that did the trick and worked great with Cisco.

I also have this issue. Can you confirm what version of what SFTP server and tell us what the issue was and how you fixed it?

Solarwinds sftp was closing the session randomly after connecting. At first it would fail to authenticate but once i turned on OpenSSH in services I was able to authenticate fine but it kept dropping the SSH session once it was trying to download the .cop files. 

I am using Rebex Tiny SFTP, absolutely free and safe to use and worked like a charm.

Thanks. If it's definitely an issue that only affects Solarwinds I can feed that back and we can look at alternatives and I'll have a look at Rebex Tiny SFTP.

Thank you for this powerful little app. I had same issue with solarwinds sftp. I switched to Rebex Tiny SFTP and issue was gone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: