Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI light for other users mailbox CLI

Paul Monteith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am working remotely on an AIM-CUE module running 3.1.1 and the request is to have a message waiting indicator light for user ext 554 when user ext 533 has a message.  So effectively both users get the MWI when one user has a message.

I have read through the forums and can see how this is done using the GUI.  But because I am working remotely and the CUE is on another VLAN I don't have web access to it so I need to know how this is done using the CLI.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob's answer is about Cisco Unity Connection, while you have Cisco Unity Express.

CUE does not support alternate MWI numbers.

You will have to configure addtional button(s) on the phone of the person that wants to see other's MWI.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

And how would be done with GUI ?

I don't have access to this particular GUI so I can't say exactly for sure, but from reading posts from Rob Huffman it appears that it is possible:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2154858

Rob's answer is about Cisco Unity Connection, while you have Cisco Unity Express.

CUE does not support alternate MWI numbers.

You will have to configure addtional button(s) on the phone of the person that wants to see other's MWI.

I have NM-CUE running 3.1.1 and I already have it setup this way with additional buttons on my 7960 phone that are extensions of other phones. I do not get the MWI light lit up for the other buttons when they have a message. All I get is the picture of the envelope on the 7960 phone. I wish I could get the light to light for other extensions waiting voicemails that show up on my 7960 phone.

Hi there,

I'm guessing this is a CME/CUE reference

When the DN isn't the Primary Line on the phone (have a look at this command);

mwi-line

To  designate a line other than the primary line of an ephone to be  associated with the ephone's message waiting indicator (MWI) lamp, use  the mwi-line command in ephone configuration mode. To return to the  default, use the no form of this command.

mwi-line line-number

no mwi-line

Syntax Description

line-number

Line number to be associated with the MWI lamp. Range is from 1 to 34.

Command Default

A phone's MWI lamp is lit only when there is a message waiting for the phone's primary line (line 1).

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_m1ht.html#wp1013830

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

Yes, that works perfect for one line of your choosing. Too bad they didn't include the command "all" so that the light lights up for any line that has a message waiting. Oh well..

Is it still the case that on a CME/CUE system only ONE line (designated with the mwi-line command) can trigger the MWI and all other lines with voicemail will only trigger the envelope?

Thanks,

Phil

Yes, it is.

Not the answer I was looking for but thanks for the speedy reply

You're welcome, please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: