cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When external caller calls on Cisco Phone then instead of ringing; the call directly goes to Voicemail

Dear Cisco Community,

I have a Cisco 7962 Phone. This phone presently has two extensions associated with it. On one extension, when External Caller calls then call directly goes to the Voicemail instead of the Phone ringing. But when a Internal Caller Calls using a Cisco phone then it works fine.

However, the calls from External Callers on the second extension on the same phone are working fine.

Kindly advise how to trouble this issue at the earliest.

Regards,

Vik.

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In CUCM admin check the call forward internal/external settings. CUCM > Device > Phone > find phone > click DN > Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings.

Brandon

Dear Brandon,

I have checked the related setting but all the settings are correct and i am tallyed them with other related DN numbers on which on it is working fine.

Regards,

Vik.

Dear Brandon,

I have checked the related setting but all the settings are correct and i am tallyed them with other related DN numbers on which on it is working fine.

Regards,

Vik.

Hi,

Can you check if there is same DN in different partition matching with higher priority? You can check it under Call Routing >> Route Plan Report

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I could not find anything there as it exists just under one Partition.

Here is another similar issue. Have you checked this:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/external-calls-go-right-to-voicemail/td-p/1736017

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Dear Vaijanath,

The Partition is configured correctly on this DN.

Also i checked the configuration of this DN with another DN on which the external calls are being received perfectly fine.

As a test, give non-working DN to some other phone (hard and soft) and check if you can reproduce the issue or it gets solved.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) Try the Dialled Number ANalyser and Paste the Output Here.

Follow below link for same for DNA Details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eYO90kC7F0
*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: