cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
larsen_2011
Beginner

how to assign IP address dynamically to dial in user ?

Hi everybody!

In ACS v.4, I have a dial in solution, where after the Chap Password and user Caller number is checked for the internal user, an IP address is assigned to the dialed in user.

In ACS v.4, the Ip address is configured under Client IP Address Assignment under the user, and that's it.

I wanted to migrate this to ACS v.5.

I have configured the following:

I create an internal user. Using the dictionary user, I add user Information. Here I add the Caller ID, as well as the IP adress which must be assigned when this user dial in.

Unbenannt.JPG

I create a Shell Profile call IPassignment whith the custom attribute:

Unbenannt.JPG

in the authorisation rule, I check if the CallerID of the user  actually  matches the incoming one, and then I want to use the shell profile to assign the IP address.

Unbenannt.JPG

However.. this doesnt  works. PPP gets established,  log entry in ACS is green, since rule matches, ACS sends attribute back, but the router cannot do anything with it., and no IP address is assigned.. does anybody have an idea ?

thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad