Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, If one of the webserver farms wants to access an internet entity via DNS name resolution, how can it be opened up on the ASA since the actual IPs should be specified in the access-list. And it is possible that the IP returned by DNS may be differ...

Hello guys,I built a Site to Site VPN Tunnel between two of the comapny remote locations with ASA5505s. The speed of the Internet on my site is 6 Mbps, on the other site - 50 Mbps. Two servers are connected on inside interfaces on the ASAs on both si...

rvr_76bg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to restrict outbound smtp traffic to internal host 192.168.1.12 I have applied the following but no success:access-list outgoing permit tcp host 192.168.1.12 any eq smtpaccess-list outgoing deny tcp host 192.168.1.0 any eq smtpaccess-list outg...

rmwhite59 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have VPN Client 4.6 that I use to connect to my remote office. I am at a hotel location and although I have a high speed internet connection, the client will not connect. When I attempt to log on I get 'contacting the security gateway at xxx.xxx....

rcasarsa1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ASA L2L tunnel

How do you 'tell' the ASAs to build an IPSEC tunnel? How do you configure the above for "interesting traffic"? If we want the users on the remote site to click the Outlook icon to have access to the Exchange server at HQ via L2L tunnel, how is thus d...

saidfrh by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I've a ASA 5540 and configured a Site-to-Site VPN, but the IPSEC tunnels frequently goes down, and when I ping a remote host, the tunnels go UP. Is there a way to keep the tunnels always UP?Thanks Tauer

Our ASA VPN clients are connecting and everything is working fine except that a large number of users are using two DNS servers that I want to decommission. While the ASA access-list allows the DNS traffic, neither one is configured to hand them out...

sgamer by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: