Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

We have an IDSM-2 module running 6.1(2)E3 in a 6500 with a sup-720 supervisor engine running 12.2(18) SXF11. We are using passive VLAN capture in promiscuous mode on the outgoing interfaces on our 6500. the config for the ids is as follows!vlan 99 ...

HI ,I am facing a problem frequently in CSA MC when I Shrink the database in the Database maintanence .I am getting error Error: Shrink operation failed for database csamc52. See csamclog.txt for details .When I look in to CSAMC LOG The error is SQL...

Hi,Many times i have come across with my customers that does cisco has a product which can measure internet bandwidth in following ways.a) internet bandwidth used by users b)Online montoring of bandwidth management.c) To allocate internet bandwidth u...

Resolved! ASA 5520

I have an ASA 5520 and the senior engineer wants me to make a login account through CLI that the helpdesk can use just to view but not make any changes.Can i do this or do i have to use the ASDM software.Thanks in advance and have a great day

Hi,I have a Pix515E with 6.3 images. I want to connect two ISP with that PIX, at my PIX default route is specified towards the ISP1 and as per the policy I can not put default route at PIX and at the same time my client should get the internet.Suppos...

Hello I have two ASA 5510 in active standby configuration and it workes quite fine. When a failover occures, the secondary unit keeps active, even if the primary is healthy again. Is it possible, to *automatically* make the primary the active one, if...

idsgmbh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Has anyone ever setup their ASA to log to an external server what traffic is going flowing thorough access-lists?I dont want to have to analyse the traffic with capture as i would prefer to let the logs build up over a couple of weeks. I want...

In the following doc:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/getting_started/asa5505/quick/guide/5505GSG.pdfPage 150 is not clear. In the example, they have test for local networks and 209.165.200.225 for remote. I am not sure what is tes...

pvald by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I seem to recall having some issues with this a while back (like 5 years ago) and am curious if this is still an obstacle when configure on a ASA 5520.The ISP has given me a block of 8 IP addresses. Is there any trouble with PATing the IP addresses ...