Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

A new twist to my ASA tribulations! :)I made a change to an access-list using ASDM, and it didnt work. As a good measure, since things have been in flux with it, I rebooted it via power switch. now it wont come back up. When I boot, I get the followi...

mx by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am attempting to provision a Cisco 851 with 12.4(4)T3 using SDM. I do alright until I add and Easy VPN Server.At that time when the route-maps are added and the tool generates the route-maps associated with the dynamic and static NAT's in place thi...

I'm in the process of deploying an ASA5520 to a client. I've no problems with the firewall piece of the implementation, but I don't know where to start with the IPS piece.I've searched quite a bit about the ASA55XX & AIP-SSM, but can't seem to find m...

jcw009 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,My current setup is like this Internal -- ISA FW -- PIX515E-R -- ROUTER -- INTERNET. I wrote a static mapping between internal mail server and public ip and allowed through accesslist (only smtp). Now i can able tos end emails and all but not able...

I have a 2611xm with IOS/FW 12.4After enabling IPS, I get the following when I show ip inspect sessions Session 83E4AD08 (192.168.5.101:8)=>(192.168.240.251:0) icmp SIS_OPEN Session 83C84EAC (192.168.5.101:8)=>(192.168.240.170:0) icmp SIS_OPEN Sessio...

hi. I swapped out a pix 506e for an ASA, but built it from scratch instead of transferring the config. For some reason traffic wont seem to pass in or out of it, and I cant seem to figure it out. I attached the config.I added a gateway of last resort...

mx by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is the standby address on the interface pingable in normal mode (Normal mode meaning primary is still active and 2nd one is still in standby mode)The reason to ask this is one of our customer configured the standby address which is used for another d...

Resolved! alerts

I've got a IPS/IDS 4215 with its fastethernet 1/0 interface plugged into a switch, which is part of a dmz. That same switch is uplinked to the dmz interface of a PIX 515. I enabled some signatures for testing, including 2004 ICMP echo request, and ...

Hello guys. I am stuck here. I have reviewed the Cisco docs and it has gotten me nowhere. I have a very basic setup and have gotten as far as this. setup E/0 (outside)as 66..x.x.xsetup E/0 (inside)as 10.1.3.1What are my next steps? I just need to ge...

npeters by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes