Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to design redudancy into my network and while fooling around with ideas on paper i came up with some questions. i have two internet routers with two different ISPs. They will be running Gateway load balancing protocol between them and eac...

Hi,Has anyone tried using NAC alongwith Auth-Proxy at the same time ? E.g. Same admission rule configured both for eapoudp and auth-proxy.The goal is1. Have all Users go through NAC. The downloaded ACL after NAC validation isdeny ip any xpermit ip an...

mnlatif by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I found that the default http inspect policy causes web mail systems like Yahoo, Gmail, HotMail, etc... to be blocked. The problem was that the PIX just generated a general TCP Deny log entry instead of stating the inspect policy was triggered. In or...

jsawa by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllCurrently I have x.x.x.64 255.255.255.240 being handled by dmz2 on my pix.The pix has the following set:nat (dmz2) 0 x.x.x.64 255.255.255.240 0 0It also has:static (dmz2,outside) x.x.x.76 x.x.x.76 255.255.255.255 0 0My question is if the dmz is...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have a PIX 525 on production with UR Licence running V6.3.4. I would like to put in a fail-over PIX. Fail-over PIX with FO License runs V6.3.5.. will there be any problems if the fail-over has a higher version than the Active PIX??.. I look...

I need to downgrade to from v7 to 6.2.4. After deleting the flash and putting 6.2.4 there the following message is displayed during reload:"Image must be at least 7-0-0-0 error in file flash:/pix624.binNo bootable image in flash. Please download an i...

dfariborz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a dummy question regards the ASA5100 with AIP-SSM. I just ordered but not familar to the configution.The requirement is I have three interfaces(external, internal and DMZ) and want to investigate all by the AIP. Can I have a configuration exam...

cjrchoi11 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

have configured pix to auth with a TACACS+ server using ssh.my motd banner doesn't appear when i connect. anything wrong? Thanks!banner motd <text>banner motd <text>banner motd <text>

nojpt by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Expert, Need help. Issue 1 When bring down ASA firewall Master unit, ASA secondary unit would not change to Active mode, it always in standby mode. This problem only can resolve when we manually change the secondary firewall to Active mode or unpl...

shawvoel by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX with 4 fixed interfaces and vlans on 2 of those. Am logging lots of dropped packets for vlan tagging on interfaces not associated with vlans.