Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

About two months ago my acct purchased a cisco IPS 4240 appliance. yesterday i was finally able to get my hands on it and configured it using the console. however, even though I can ping the sensor, i cannot telnet or use the webserver on it.telnet...

pzywk2 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 1000 desktop network for CSA deployment. Regarding LOG managment I need to know Can I integrate the CSAMC with external SQL server. Or I need to install the CSA on the M/C which has 512 GB HardDisk space.Kindly Suggest... If any other optio...

using the CLI (or gui) reset command, will network traffic continue to pass through if the IPS is configured for inline mode?I know i could find out in a matter of minutes, but i'd rather not mess with our live network ;)

srue by Level 7
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have Pix 501 ver 6.3, and have configured pptp.I can connect to the Pix from Microsoft pptp client from the outside , but cannot access any inside hosts, any ideasBuilding configuration...Cryptochecksum: e600b3d9 0bc5e602 9f7a3cf5 3eeedc54[OK]tci-g...

kiboneka by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We were told when the primary pix failed over to the failover pix. The failover pix would run a set number hours and then reboot and this would occur every set number of hours until the primary is replaced. Is this true? and if so what are the set nu...

Hi.I have teh following problem. After insert a access-list, in spite of seeing packets related to the list, these do not do " match ", that is to say, it is as if the list was not doing his work.Which can be the cause of this behavior?PIX Model 525I...

HiWhile trying to upgrade IDS 4235 (Version 4.1(1)S47) using FTP or IDM, it gives "Error: exp timeout" message. What could be the reason?If the FTP server is a Windows XP machine, and the signature/service pack file is in C:\Inetpub\ftproot, what is...

I am using ipsmc 2.2 on CiscoWorks VMS server and whilst in the 4.X signature configuration engine, if I try to open any of the parameters for sting.tcp engine I receive the following error:“Object loading failed. An error occurred while trying to lo...

Hi all,We have a 515E running Fos 7 .We need to configure the pix to log to two hosts with different trap levels.ie to host A on trap info and host B on trap warning...why this is required is Host B is behind a low bandwidth pipe .Any pointers app...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card