Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, i have never before configured a PIX firewall and i have just a simple queston. We have to install a PIX506E for one of our clients and the only thing i should do is to allow all incoming traffic (with no restrincions). That is needed for the...

I get an error message when I try to access my PIX 506e from within the firewall using IE. after the first password I get the error message "exception: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied(java.utilProperty Permission java.versionread...

mburns by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks,I need advice.I am running PIX 515 (R) 6.3 version. I am planning to upgrade it to 7.01 – are there any improvements regarding IDS/IDP stuff?What options do I have if I'd like to run proper IDS/IDP system?Cheers,Daniel.

ilogic-il by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there any reason to not allow ssh access with the statement: ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outsideIt appears that the PIX will accept this. I need to access the PIX from a site with dynamic addressing and it will not accept yda.dyndns.org as an addressJoh...

Hi,I am trying to setup a proxy server ISA 2000 for Webvpn users. I have read some forum topics for Webvpn useres. People say that Cisco currently does not support the setup.Currently we are running VPN 3000 Concentrator Version 4.1.7.D.when I go to ...

k.mahmood by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all I currently have at my HQ a PIX 515 which everyone connects to the internet through. I have just installed a VPN Concentrator at the HQ and installed a VPN to a PIX 501 at a remote site. I want the clients to be able to connect to that site ...

Due to volume level we are having to comply with the CPI regulations in order to continue to process credit cards. I am looking for a PIX 515 log analysis tool. I have used the syslog conifguration before but the logs are so big they are useless with...

Any chance Cisco can release more IDS alarms for the "mytob" virus? 5 variants have an alarm at the moment but we know that other variants are on our network and I would like to see them on IDS to help us detect and disinfect PCs.Does anyone else ha...

HI,my customer have purchased 2 units of pix firewall 535 with failover bundle. It comes with 6.34 but i've upgraded to 7.0. It seems to have more features that comes with it. However i'm really worried the stability of this new major release and als...

lenny.lim by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes