Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Hi AllWe're looking into purchasing an IDS/IPS appliance, but am concerned about thruput and perf issues. We don't have the budget to stretch to the multiGigabit models to monitor multiple points on our gigabit backbone and network in addition to doi...

coolpor2 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have tried in vain to set this firewall up right so that i can get on the internet but have so far failed. It is replacing an old Symantec Firewall which had the settings i thought i would need in. I have put the settings into this firewall but i...

We have a vpn box at our business, installed over 3 yrs ago. It is working fine, except that some latops are not able to connect to the vpn box through the vpn software. Is there an upgrade of that software? Please help.

arunklal1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to update my IDSM2 sensor version 4.1(4)S172 to IPS 5.0. I've already downloaded the appropriate file file 5.0(1)S149 major update. But when I enter the commands to upgrade the sensor version, it says:# upgrade ftp://<my ftp ip>/IPS-K9-maj...

I have just got a PIX 506E and i turned off the DHCP server for the inside address and assigned it an ip of 125.0.0.57 and a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 so it can work on the network. However i might have typed the subnet mask in wrong as i can no lo...

I'm setting up a DMZ on a PIX 515e and everything seems to work fine except I can't get access from the servers in the DMZ to the internet. The only way I CAN get access is if I add a "permit ip any any" to the dmz access list. I only have allow st...

craigb by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

It seems like whenever there is an IDS sensor/appliance update for defending against the latest virus/worm but there is no update for IOS IPS signatures.Case in point - on June 3 there was an IDS update for W32/Bobax.worm.o S174. The IOS IPS zip fil...

rmaerz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,our internet line to internet is all day at 100% trafic on outside interface /somebody is downloading some big files/. can I find out who is it? I tried set up log, syslog /kiwi/, etc., but there are too many messages.I need find out WHO is downlo...