Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Has anyone done a comparison of what would be the tradeoff of terminating VPN connections on a Cisco 3660 Router instead of a PIX 535. Could the 3660 with an IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES IOS handle the same load of a PIX 535. We currently have around 16...

Hi everybody,I have a PIX firewall with two interfaces. The internal uses NAT. Everything looks to be ok except for the outgoing data transfers from the inside to the outside subnet. The transfer is interrupted after some few hundreds of KB transferr...

fdina by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a pix525 with firewall version 6.1(1) and Device Manager version 1.1(2) both installed. Have also configured http access for my PC. License key is also capable of DES and 3DES. When I try to connect to pix from my browser, I get this error ...

aafkhami by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Here's the problem we experienced earlier today. It first caught my attention when users were complaining that they couldn't get to the webservers, which resides on the DMZ. So I tried to telnet to the pix box, but couldn't. Then, I went to che...

bz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am not able to establish IP connectivity between 2 LAN's. Pix with no outbounds restricts forwards traffic via ISP "A" and the return traffic comes in through a router on the LAN via ISP "B" I am able to ping and trace to the relivant servers but u...

hbarkus by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was just given a PIX 520 with an old configuration that needs to be removed. Anyone know of a quick way that I can erase the current config so I can start with a clean slate?

mitchel by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i want to upgrade my pix(525) software from 5.2(5)to 6.1,here i have some question,please help me 1.how can i fetch my old pix ios from pix?2.what is the best way to up my pix software from 5.2(5), copy tftp flash mode or from monitor mode? 3.if i f...

aimxyi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear I am beginner of PIX I set up a network Internet ----PIX--- mailserver and DNS And I run the following command conduit permit udp DNS eq 53 any conduit permit udp mailserver eq smtp any I can resolve the MX and IP of mailserver in internet zone...

logintck by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card