Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have setup a DHCP server, using the private 10.0.0.0 subnet. Unforunately it does not work. I have the Ip helper address defined on the router which is attached to the pix. Does the Ip helper address have to be entered on the pix ?If the same is...

I can not seem to receive a Certificate from an Enterprise CA from MS. If a standalone CA is used, I can issue the Certificate. Is it possible for the PIX 506 to receive a certificate from an enterprise CA, and if so, How?

jzonts by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does any body have an idea how to connect up a PIX with two ISP connections and setting up two default gateways. Of course without involving an external router. For example, if I have a PIX with 4 NICS and have two Ethernet feeds from two providers, ...

Hello....very new to using the Pix 525. I would like to block a range of private ip address within my private network blocking them from going to the interenet. I work for a school and have virtual networks setup with private ip addresses for each b...

m-norman by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX 525 with 5 interfaces. When test it in our lab with connecting each interface to a separate hub, everything is working fine.However, as soon as put it in actual network which is 5 VLANs in an Enterasys SSR8000 switch router, it stop to l...

aafkhami by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all, Does traffic engineering in cell mode mpls (BPX- LSC network) work.If not why?Is it a problem with RSVP on atm vc's.Will it be supported in the future? Thank you in advanceKostas

I know there is a 'write net' command for saving the config onto a tftp server, and there is 'copy t ftp:... ' command for copying an image onto flash, but is there a command that does the reverse of 'wri net'? i.e. download a config, or portion of a...

cwu by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear ALL,I have a PIX 515 F/W with one interface connected to the Internet and other to the inside network(172.16.0.0).Things are working fine.Now I want to put a Database server which would be on a different network (10.1.10.0) and would be protecte...

s-ariga by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 Pix 515 firewalls running Version 5.2 (1).I have put identical simple configurations on both.One of the Firewalls works fine allowing traffic in and out of both interfaces. Both E1 and E0 ip addresses can be pinged.The problem is with the se...

mwarwick by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I apologize in advance if this is a basic PIX question, but as I am new to PIX, here goes:In a recent conversation regarding Oracle, someone mentioned that the PIX contain a "fix-up" feature that from the description, sounded like an auto configure o...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card