Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Hi, I have a switch  C9500-16X and want to downgrade 40G port to 10G port. I have installed cvr-qsfp-sfp10g in 40G port of switch and  SFP-10G-SR-S in cvr-qsfp-sfp10g. Following is the output of "show idprom interface fo2/1/1" Switch#show idprom inte...

Hi, I have an Rx power high warning message in my router.can I leave my router running with this message as it's just a warning or should I install an attenuator because in the long run the router will be damaged? I use multimode fiber and SFP Regard...

mtmharison by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! GLC-LH-SM-US

Hi, I'm using GLC-LH-SM-US. I want to understand what is the mean for the "US" at the last part meaning? Also I have received 2 different GLC-LH-SM-US, one with a label 21CFF and one without. Would like to know what is the different?Thank youMarianne...

Jcloym by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,i'll be terminating a fiber cable to our ASR1K and use a GLC-LH-SMD SFP/GBIC.just would like to confirm i need to use a SM fiber? can i also use MM fiber since the connection is "short distance"/same rack from fiber patch panel (SC from telco) and...

Hi all,Has anyone tried SFPs from FS company? Are they compatible with Cisco equipment? In particular, I'm looking for this SFP (https://www.fs.com/de-en/products/11591.html) Can anyone confirm that they are working fine (or not working at all) with ...

Kenny_M8 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes