Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

For an upcoming project our vendor has recommended us the "SFP-10G-SR-S" instead of "SFP-10G-SR". It seems that the "SFP-10G-SR-S" is a cheaper option.   Technically I do not see any major difference between the "SFP-10G-SR-S" and "SFP-10G-SR". Both ...

Hello Colleagues,I have some question from the deep past. We have such situation where we need to relocate couple old 4506-E switches with Sup6L-E onboard. Today we have in use twingig convertors and regulars GLC-SX-MMD for MM but in the new place w...

zumbi_0-1697297954864.png
zumbi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, we have around 8 ports on the C9500 that have the copper 1gb SFP's plugged in, when connecting copper cables solid green light is shown and no activity even for internet in, lights are on but no one is home. Is there any specific config neede...

I have the following issue.There's a splitter connected on a CGP-OLT-8T on port 0/1, after which there are ONT devices. The ONT devices are registered manually with profiles. The issue is, that it doesn't show more than 50 ONT's. #sh ont brief interf...