Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Hi, first time posting here, I hope It's on right topic.We have an available port on a WS-X4306-GB module (GBIC), and we want to connect a port from a WLC 5508. We have currently an ethernet cable connected to the WLC.I was wondering if there is n a...

cisnerosk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know the TCP/UDP Port numbers that have to be opened up when using NAT, this is what I have:CTC PC >>>>>>>>>>> ROUTER >>>>>>>>>>>ONS15454The CTC PC and the ONS are on different IP Networks so I'm the router to translate from one to the ot...

Hello All,I am logged in in an ASR9K, and if I type the command "show operational DWDM" I get the following output :Port/Name=dwdm0/0/0/1 ---> how do I know to which interface this port corresponds to , TenGigE or TenGig or GigTransmitPower: -345Rece...

I'm sure this has been covered on here before but just got a new laptop with Windows 7 and cannot get CTC to work, CTP is fine and works much better under Windows 7 because it can make use of the additional memory but CTC just hangs...

Hi @all,wir würden gerne einen Cisco 2921 mittels PPPOE über einen FTTH-Link an einem Internet-Business Light Anschluss der Swisscom in Betrieb nehmen. Als Bridge ist das Zyxel FSG1100HN im Einsatz. Die Bridge mit einem PC und PPPOE-Verbindung funkti...

olaf.bahr by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ONS15454 DWDM load

Which system software load should I use for a 15454 DWDM using TCC2 controllers? Currently at R8.5.3 and I want to go to R9.4 but not sure which flavor of 9.4 to use. I have "ons15454.DWDM.K9.R9401", "ons15454.DWDM.Lite.K9.R9401", ...

ewhitaker by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Gentlemen and optical experts.I've been put in a bit of a quanrdy by geography, and I need some input from those with more expertiese than I.My place of employ is putting a dark fibre between our DC and a client site, and we've just gotten back the e...

darren.g by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Top Solution Authors

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card