cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT - How to Associate Phones with Users in 4.0(2a)

Hello All,

I am trying to find out exactly how to associate users with phones using the BAT spreadsheet in CCM 4.0(2a).

This worked just fine in 3.0 and now although it adds the users and phones it does not show the phones as controlled devices by the corresponding users.

If someone will be kind enough to,very explicitly, explain the process I will be sure and rate their post.

11 Replies 11

Ryan Flud
Level 1
Level 1

This problem still exists in 4.1x

I too would love to know how to fix this. Is there another bat tool to download? The Bat.xlt that is on the 4.1 server has errors in it too. I hope there is another one available as I have 700 phones to do next month.

It seems that BAT phones are associated but when TAPSed they are no longer associated. Is there a fix for this behavior?

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue...Just wanted to add myself to this thread

Hi,

I want to add myself in this thread. I want to ask you if you know any way to update owner user ID field for 1+ users

simultaneously via BAT? I tried via Phones>Update Phones>Custom Query, but there is no way, coz user ID is a unique information for each user. Is there any easy way to do it instead of make it by hand?

You'll need to use BAT in a different way.  You will need to create a CSV file, which holds the devicename to userid mapping, and then upload it to the CUCM server, followed by updating the users.

Summary

• Export Users from CUCM
  • Modify Export File and Create New Import File
  • Upload Import File
  • Update Users
  • Validate

You will need a list of your users userid's if you don't have it already.  If you don't have it, you could get it from a BAT > Users > Export

Once you have the file with the userid, you need to assign each user to a device.  Here's an example of what that file will look like, but with just a single test record.

update-users.csv

FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, USER ID, CONTROLLED DEVICE 1

Anthony,Holloway,aholloway,CIPCAHOLLOWAY

Next, you need to upload it to BAT under BAT > Upload/Download Files

Last, you need to update the users in BAT under BAT > Users > Update Users.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your prompt response, but I do not think that this is what I need. I know how to associate user with controlled device. The

truth is that I need to assign Owner User ID on the Phone's configuration field. I need it for Cisco Jabber IM client.

Hi

In that case you need to follow Anthony's instructions, but export, modify and import the phones instead of the users.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

This will not gonna help, because you've already configured the phones. In this case when you will try to insert the phones you will receive the following error:

000F345AA615          DEVICE :: Error :           Could not insert new  row - duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX column (Unique  Index:x_device_name).

There's no option to overwrite?

I don't have CM4 to hand, but recent versions don't overwrite unless you tell them to to prevent admin errors.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Damn it, you're right! I forgot the overwrite option (facepalm) .

Thank you!

No problem!

Please remember to rate posts you have found useful and mark 'answered' if appropriate!

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...