Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple SIP trunk on CUBE

Hello,

We want to setup CUBE having multiple SIP trunks, but we want to totally separate the dial-peers for every SIP trunk so that when the call will come on CUBE from provider 1 it will only match the dial peers of that specific SIP trunk.

Incoming call from provider A ---SIP Trunk 1 (Provider A) ---- Customer A

Incoming call from provider B ---SIP Trunk 2 (Provider B) ---- Customer B

Incoming call from provider C ---SIP Trunk 3 (Provider C)---- Customer C

And same for outgoing calls.

dial-peer voice 1 voip
preference 2
destination-pattern .T
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:1.1.1.1:5100
session transport udp
incoming called-number .
voice-class codec 1
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
no vad

!

dial-peer voice 8006 voip
corlist outgoing PROVIDERB
translation-profile outgoing A-SIP-OUT
destination-pattern .T
session protocol sipv2
session target dns:abc.com
session transport udp
voice-class codec 1
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
no vad

!

I have configured the above dial peers, when incoming call is coming through Provider 2 router is using dial-peer 1 as incoming dial peer. 

Can anyone please suggest me which method can be used for this setup? 

Spooster IT Services Team
17 Replies 17

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

What version IOS on your CUBEs? 

I actually serve 2 different SIP trunks with their own inbound/outbound dial-peers from the same CUBE without issue.  Once you come back with IOS version there are easy ways to do it. 

Hi Andrew, 

IOS Version is 15.1(3)T.

Is there any document or sample configuration

That IOS should work...

This doc does a great job in giving the details: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-inbnd-dp-match-uri.html 

ASsuming each of your inbound trunks from your ITSP are sending different URI's (which they will) then that is just one possible way to route to different dial-peers. 

When Im back in the office tomorrow I can give some explicit examples. 

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the reply.

But the link that you provided does not open.

Thank you everybody for giving useful responses.

We have used cor list to differentiate dial peers of every provider. And this is working fine as expected.

Excellent to hear! 

Nothing better than seeing someone figure out a solution! 

Hi,
I know this post is an older one, but I´m facing the same situation.
Could you please tell me how you did it with the cor lists?

BR

Hi All
I have smilar scnerio that I have two customer behind the cube and cube as connected two sip trunk connection for each of them so we would like to use own sip trunk for every customer. Can we do this without sip registration I just want to know that how it can decided which customer will chose their sip trunk making outbound calls.

For example we whould have same outbound pattern with two different customer

Example;

Customer A should use their sip trunk for outbound calls.
dial-peer voice 1 voip
destination-pattern 087.......$
session target ipv4:90.0.10.1

Customer B should use their sip trunk for outbound calls.

dial-peer voice 2 voip
destination-pattern 087.......$
session target ipv4:90.0.10.2

Thanks

It should be possible to set this up with DPG, dial peer groups. For more information see this document.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger but this is not related  this because this document is define only general routing concept  Im talking about different things then this documents.

If smilar case has been implemented someone they may provide details about that.

How come it’s not related? The document outlines various options for how to configure call routing in IOS. For sure it does not specifically match what you asked about in details, but it does contain information about how to configure DPGs and that can be used to achieve what your asking about.

With DPG you define on the inbound dial peer what dial peer(s) to use in the outbound direction. With this you can achieve what you ask about as you should likely be able differentiate between the customers in the inbound direction.

You can look at DPG as a way to hard code the dial peer(s) to use in the outbound direction and it takes the specific dial peer match by destination numbers out of the equation. With this you can have the same calling number patterns sent via as many dial peers as you’d like.

Response Signature

khanalb
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for making use of the old thread but I have a situation partly matching with the scenarios described above. 

I have an option to get 2 sip trunks from the same ITSP (diverse paths for geo redundancy purpose) and they are recommending using two CUBEs. However, due to some constraints, we want to use a single CUBE with enough ethernet interfaces. Those trunks will most likely be in active/passive configuration. Would there be anything I need to configure other than dial peers to make it work or there are other better solutions?