Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Get

Forum Posts

Hello all,I'm having a strange problem with my ASA 5510. After activate the telnet server, when I'm issuing the telnet command from an allowed workstation, it will connect, but will disconnect before I get login prompt:[host]:/home/user> telnet 10.32...

yquirion_ by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI want to ask you if it is secure to use OSPF on the internal interfaces of the firewalls (I am asking about Checkpoint appliances and PIX appliances).Of course I will use MD5 authentication for a situation like this.

cristip by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere so I hope you guys might be able to help.Please explain to me the difference between the 2 below commands.static (dmz,outside) tcp 172.31.0.3 80 10.1.8.2 80 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 1static (dmz,outside) tcp ...

anowell by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Every day we get at least two of the following syslog message. Alert 10.x.x.x %PIX-1-106021: Deny udp reverse path check from 192.168.100.2(unresolved) to 207.46.130.100(time.windows.com) on interface insideWe are not using the 192.x.x.x address rang...

Hi, I just setup a pix 501 for one of my client and for some reason their mail doesn' goes through and the samething as www. Can someone help me? here is my pix config. ThanksPIX Version 6.3(3) interface ethernet0 auto interface ethernet1 auto nameif...

tung by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I want to secure our LAN " isolated network, doesn't have any connection to outside work". We did alot of hardening "using exemple of autosecure command".I still see OSPF and Multicast not secure at all when using sniffer.For multicast, we use sp...

tmesbah by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have got few questions. They are as follows1. when Removing the entry from numbered acl, does the remaining acl entries keep on doing their functionality, but if the sequencing of acl entried is done in a way that entry removed helps the next ent...

farhanksa by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone using version 7.0(2) getting alot of these: PIX-4-419001: Dropping TCP packet from outside:xxx to inside:xxx/80 reason: MSS exceeded, MSS 1380, data 1404I'm seeing a lot and woorried that this is legitimate traffic being blocked. Thinking o...

bjelf by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Config:interface Ethernet0/0 nameif outside security-level 0interface Ethernet0/1 nameif inside security-level 100Since some dedicated networks are connected to the inside LAN, this ASA has static routing (route inside x.x.x.x ...), and the inside is...

rkojima by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have some questions regarding the FWSM on the 6500 switch.If i have several edge switches connedted to the 6500 switch portsEach edge switch might contain several vlans, or the may span the same Vlans.now the FWSM uses vlans to identify its ...

Top Solution Authors