Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Hello,I have one problem concerning FEX which is single homed to one Nexus 5020.Recently I did the upgrade to latest (5.0(2)N2(1)) NX-OS version.I did the upgrade on two 55020 and six 2148 which are connected to 5k’s.I wasn’t able to do ISSU because ...

Hi,  I have a question that I hope someone can answer.  I have a Windows 2003 Server that has 4 QLE8152 CNAs that are teamed (using the QLogic utility) with a single IP address.  There are two Nexus switches and the mgmt0 interface on both are plugg...

Hi all,i havea single FEX 2232 single homed to nexus 5020 via port-channel. at the FEX 2232, i connected a server which have 2 X CNA and running two vlans: vlan 200 for ethernet and vlan 300 for FCoE.i connected the server to the single fex via port-...

Hello,I'm trying to find out the options to police/limit traffic that is going to a SPAN destination port.  Are IP Access Lists or any other method availble?  I appreciate any input.  My sniffer is being overloaded by a few streams that do not need t...

Hi All,We use two Nexus 7ks between Cisco UCS servers and Netapp Storage devices.The Nexus 7k acts purely as a L2 switch (I know it's a waste but it's a long story).I'm attempting to apply CoS to the NFS and Fault Tolerance networks.. This is what I ...

zykobot by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I  am about to implement OTV for one of our customers, and before I do  that I would like to know if there are any problems, that anyone of you faced  while implementing it. My main concern is unknown unicast flooding  suppression. As you may k...

Hi,I am facing connectivity issue when i migrate from VMware vSwitch to Nexus 1000v.The setup includes Cisco B-series server with Fabric interconnect and Nexus 5020 as upstream switch.The steps i taken is detailed below:> Created vlan 500 as Manageme...

snewar by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The attached is the design I'd like to pursue when setting up a new data center network.  I want to use NIC teaming from servers and channel groups from routers and other network devices when connecting to the fabric extenders.  This document runs th...

If I'm using configuration synchronization between two Nexus 5k's, does the 'commit' just save to running config ? In other words, after using 'commit' do I manually have to login to both 5k's and copy running to startup ?

Hi,  According to the attached topology, it is documented that Topology A is not a supported topology.   We tested topology B. Because of the way vmware perform load sharing (by IP hash), we saw the mac address flapping between Po1 and Po2. We see th...

e-chuah by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm upgrading from 4.0(4)SV1(3) to 4.0(4)SV1(3d) in a test senario.  The upgrade of the VSM went fine.  When I upgrade the VEMs (no VUM)vmware vem upgrade notifyVCP clicks accept in VCentervmware vem upgrade proceedI get the following error:%VM...