Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Hi,Could sombody tell me what's the use of L1 and L2 ports on Nexus 5010 switch. Can we use them as a data ports? If it's for management why additional ports are there for management (mgmt 0 and 1)?Pls. suggest.Thanks,Pawan

winpwnkmr by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 Nexus 5k's running NX-OS 4.2(1)N1.   The 2 5k's are not directly connected to each other.  These are connected to Nexus 2k's which are in the top of our server racks.   Initially, my higher ups asked to have jumbo frames enabled, so i perfor...

jonesl1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All:One of my customers is having a rather strange issue that I'm a little intrigued by. I have opened a ticket with Cisco TAC already and we just can't seem to put our finger on it. Here's what's happening:- Customer is in a Virtual Desktop environm...

dpaluszek by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there currently any way to limit ssh/telnet access to the Nexus 5k, similar to the Copp workaround fort he 7K?  I am aware of bug CSCsq20638, which will presumably resolve the issue on all platforms, but I don't see any workaround for the 5000 rig...

mflanigan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My customer has 2 N5ks and 4 2148s.  The N5ks have VPC between them, and the 2148s are single-homed, 2 to each N5K.  Am I corect in saying that an ESX box with a 4GB host etherchannel would have one connection to each 2148, and that the ports would b...

mflanigan by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to verify the dhcp lease time.  The time is calculated from the moment a client receives a lease, not from when the dhcp server has set a release time.  Example.  A client requests a dhcp lease at 8:03am.  DHCP lease time is set for 24 h...