Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

SANOS configuration guide mentions the command "show scsi-target auto-poll". It doesn't explain in detail what auto-poll is and how to activate it. It vaguely mentions that it has to do with "CSM or an IPS module is in the chassis". Can someone pleas...

I read config guide but don't get clear answer - if I have one VSAN with FICON enabled, one VSAN for storage-server FC traffic and one VSAN for PPRC between IBM ESS 800s and I have portchannel consisting from several links, can I share this portchann...

Hi,At present Iam developing an application where I have to discover the various SAN attached storage devices like HBA,RAID,Storage Library etc.Iam sure the whole process is not achievable using SLP.please say me, is there any specific type of protoc...

skgbalaji by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I don't know what is the problem. I have two fabrics covering two sites, IBM FAStT connected to both fabrics on one site, another FAStT connected in the same way on remote site. When I try to setup remote mirroring and I go through fabric A, it i...

Hi, customer ordered FC port analyzer and we will do some tets cases using it. If I understand it right, I use Ethereal on my workstation connected to analyzer to see protocols flowing around. And I can use ntop to see traffic info. But ntop for wind...

Hello,My config is as follows eva3000-mds9216i-fcip-3750-1gbit link-3750-fcip-mds9216i-eva3000.I want to make 2 virtual fabric's making zone's with each 2 legs of the eva300 on both sides in a zone together with a server.I made a zone test with the h...

alphaguru by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are currently setting up our fabric. We have a STK 9500 storage device that we are trying to bring into the fabric. The storage device is currently a "direct attach" deivice and is seetup as "loop". I have attached a fiber cable from the storag...

Hi,I'm having problems installing the Cisco iSCSI Driver for Windows XP SP2. After reading the installer documentation, I had Microsoft send me the patch KB839635 for XP but was unable to install it due to the files to be updated are newer than the f...

sidbartle by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI am looking into the in-order guarantee feature.How does this feature work within the fabric ?If traffic is rerouted for some reason, how can all the switches in the fabric be aware that the route has changed, and in some circumstances be able to ...

mholmsen by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWhen you change the fcdomain id, and issue a fcdomain restart, the traffic should not be affected according to the documentation.I am not aware of any other way to assign FCID`s than through FLOGI. How can the fabric reassign FCID`s without doing a...

mholmsen by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks, I am thinking about buying 2 9210 MDS series switches for home lab. I checked the list price on them and it is around $14,000 each.I wanted to find out if i could use all the features that this switch has to over (IVR, Read-only Zones...