Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We would like to purchase a cisco switch which need to be under TAA compliance. Please provide the TAA compliant statement (document), if the below mentionedCisco IB-C9300-48T-A and IB-C9300-24T-A is under Trade Agreements Act (TAA) compliance.

trying to recover an admin password for a 31108TCV but its not workingso i press ctrl+c and then it says press ctrl+l to go into recovery mode so i do then i do the commands below  cmdline recoverymode=1 dir boot n3000-uk9-kickstart.6.0.2.U6.8.bin co...

Hello, everyone. I understand that Classic STP used the short cost method which was only 16 bits long. Then, RSTP came in and introduced the long costs which were 32 bits long and accomodated for interfaces faster than 10gbps. I have two questions re...

Mitrixsen_0-1721037598490.png Mitrixsen_1-1721037636627.png
Mitrixsen by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hello, everyone. I am covering Root Guard for STP and I feel like I've hit a roadblock. I understand how this feature works and what it does, I am just not sure where exactly should it be implemented. When it comes to Root Guard, it's all a matter of...

Mitrixsen_0-1720953243292.png
Mitrixsen by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hello, everyone. I am studying about STP and my current topic is Portfast. There's one question I have regarding it. Why do Portfast-enabled ports transmit BPDUs out of them? Isn't the idea here that such a port will only connect to end hosts or to d...

Mitrixsen by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have noticed somewhat of a discrepancy between the datasheet maximum temperature values for the 9200cx switches and what shows up in the CLI.  So, we are trying to find something more definitive on the maximum temperature and at what temperature t...

I have this Cisco Cat4507R, with two Sup V - WS-X4516-10GE My question is if I can use the CVR-x2-sfp v02 that my client has purchased to be able to connect some 10GB SR SFPs. I would like to know if there is a command that I should apply for this si...

Hi folks. I'm trying to upgrade my C9500 that is in VSS to IOS image Cat9k_iosxe.17.03.04.SPA.bin in install mode. when i issue the command "install add file flash:Cat9k_iosxe.17.03.04.SPA.bin activate ISSU commit. It fails to perform the upgrade. I ...

philasam79 by Level 1
  • 29 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,The enterprise recently bought several Cisco 9200L-48P-4X.I installed them and configured them. The enterprise is using them as layer 2 (no ip routing...etc).Regarding licenses; do I have anything to do? Do I have to register them or use CLSU etc?...

CSSTIC by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes