Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I understand the Nexus 7000 does not perform packet fragmentation per design. I have a L2 VPLS circuit providing L2 VLAN extension between Data Center A &B coming in directly into an interface in a Nexus 7009 that restrict packets size to 1460, is th...

As I am reading the Cisco Press CCNA Data Center 640-916 Official Cert Guide, page 155 and searching the web, it seems to be true. Nexus 7000 doesn't support fragmentation and reassembly capabilities Can anyone elaborate on this interesting discove...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,   Anyone please help to fix the error I saw on my WS-C3850, I tried many option and so far not resolved.   *Oct  8 05:58:55.794: %SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 4098.ad43.cd3f in vlan 101 is flapping between port Gi1/0/22 and port Gi1/0/23*O...

Is it possible to stack 8 switches using only the 0.5m cable included? The older 3750-X switches supported stacking in this way. From the 3750X guide   This option is not shown in the Catalyst 9300 stacking guide as far as I can tell and I need to co...

253200.jpg

Hi Cisco Expert Team, I am looking for a solution for the MAC address filtering solution on the WIFI and Wired. Currently, I am solution MAC address filtering solution for more than 2.5K devices. My WIFI controller can handle a maximum 200 MACs. My m...

We are going to be putting our iSCSI network on a couple of dedicated switches. Want to enable jumbo frames and it looks like you need to enable that for the whole switch, not single ports. So if i have a trunk port going to my Main switch (4510) fro...

byates by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

VTP

Hi I studied VTP Transparent mode is domain independent , but to form trunk domain must be same (if the trunk is not form then switch wont forward VTP advertisement even if it is in the same domain) then what is the use of domain independent feature ...

Hi,   I have two questions about the way a switch completes its MAC address table:   1. Suppose host A starts sending  packets for host B through a switch ( destination MAC addresses of packets are host B MAC address) and there is no response from ho...

azi123 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 4507 running Version 12.2(52)SG and I am trying to ip sla  reachability  however that feature isn't available on this version do I need to upgrade the switch to a new IOS or another way of doing this?

jfeo by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   since cisco switches are L2 devices, why is it blocking traffic based on L3.   I setup   10 deny 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255   and it would block traffic within the same vlan.   I have two pcs sitting on the switch , both configur...

wahid by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, we are running IOS 15.5(3)S6 on a 7600 with RSP 720. We are seeing a strange behavior with ACL and object-groups:   Network object group tmp host 1.2.3.4   deny icmp object-group tmp any   expected result: ping from any host except 1.2.3.4 sho...

s.giunt by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

For ipv4, sh standby brief can tell which router running active vrrp. For ipv6 , is there any command to see whether the vrrp configured interface is active or standby?    interface GigabitEthernet0/4ipv6 address 8880:8800:8881::1/64 vrrp 8 address-f...

getaway51 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes