Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've noticed there's a few different ways to configure a layer 2 etherchannel trunk. I was trying to understand which method follows best practices or is more preferred.method 1: configure the physical interfaces with trunk commands (mode, encapsulat...

Mike- by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please look my topology.Before creating OSPF Virtual Link between R1&R2 , routing table getting inter area route (circle with red color). I understood with no doubt. The table belong to R2 Router. But, After creating OSPF Virtual Link between R1&R2 ,...

OSPF VL Topology.JPG Before OSPF VL between R1 & R2.JPG After OSPF VL between R1 & R2.JPG

Hello,        I have a weird issue that when one of my Port Channel comes UP on my 3850, the entire switch freezes for a few seconds.          Basically, I have a two switch stack of WS-C3850-48U and six IE-2000-4TS-G-B connected via Etherchannel on ...

dfaber by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco 9407R stucks at         --- System Configuration Dialog ---  Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? [yes/no] switch is not connected to anything other than console. Restarted many times but it stucks at same spot. 

mateens by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, All has settled down and it's all working, however.... On the 3750 switch we had some flapping ports on 2/0/11 last night, which were also seen on other switches.  A few devices on switches 1 and 2 had to be rebooted which caused this flood/lo...

ciscoswitchtrunk.PNG ciscoswitchtrunk2.PNG

I have a WS-C3650-48TD Catalyst switch running IOS 3.06.04 configured using Flex Link. When I try to use the same configuration on a switch running IOS 16.3.7 the command is not there under the interface. see below... Is there another way or techniqu...

ampdog by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,hopefully someone can help or give a hint. I have a core switch Network of 4 switches connected in a ring.SW1 and SW2 are doing hsrp and take over layer 3 functionaliltySW3 and SW4 are only layer 2 SW1 VLAN 5 10.1.1.2/24 - SW1 VLAN 6 10.1.2.2...

senjuone1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   We're using : Cisco Nexus9000 C9372PX chassis Intel(R) Core(TM) i3- CPU @ 2.50GHz with 16402012 kB of memory. Processor Board ID SAL2002WLL2 System version: 7.0(3)I2(1a) Recently we created new vrf and even the routing is good some packets ...

from88 by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all I am trying to implement multiple LAN's for home labs using a single PC. I was thinking of purchasing a StarTech USB 3.0 to Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet Adapter that will enable me to have two additional ethernet NIC cards and from there assi...

Hello/Greetings   Question for you. I have an ASR 1002-F Router. With the standard 4-Port 1GB SFP ports. Management Port and Console Port. Wondering if anyone knows or are using the Management port for something other than management.   Here is my sc...

Hey guys,I got two WS-C4500X-32 in VSS mode. Show version shows me this information:ROM: 15.0(1r)SG10bootflash:cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.05.03.E.152-1.E3.bin Can you recommend me a new image?