Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to get a very simple VLAN with WIFI network experiment up. I have the following kit:  Cisco WAP571HP ProCurve 23509-24G-PoE+ASA 5505Test Laptop 1Test Laptop 2 I have attached a diagram showing the setup: THE PROBLEM In the AP web manageme...

Experiment.jpg AP-VLANs.png AP-WirelessNetworks.png
Jean Milne by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This question is linked to my main question here and is to help me try and break down where I'm going wrong with my experiment. Below is an image of my experiment: My question is: Should Test Laptop 1 be able to ping Test Laptop 2? My understanding i...

Experiment-no-ASA.jpg
Jean Milne by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We're have a handful of remote sites using 2960X's and running auto qos.  They connect back to us over a provider / Ethernet service through a local company.   The CPE switch they have us plugging into is a Gig interface and our switch has a Gig inte...

I have configured SVI vlan 50 and 51 in switch as gateway and 50.2 for firewall interface . When i try access internet from vlan 50 i m not ableto access internet with 172.30.50.1 as PC gateway . When I changed to 50.2 as PC gateway i m getting inter...

Hi Experts,   Customer is asking whether their switch hit CVE-2018-0480 by showing the following result.   switch#show errdisable detect | include vlan psecure-violation            Enabled          port/vlan sgacl_limitation:multiple    Enabled      ...

hello~I was one day past the problems found.one of the two to operate such equipment was rebooted.two cat4500 is plugged into the same UPS electrical outletunder a log server messages and crash informationattachments file - show techplz, help me thx=...

Jimmy Lee by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We have faced the issue with one Access Switch WS-C4510R+E having SUP# WS-X45-SUP7-E and showing the last rebooting reason as below,  CSS45B4W1.trv uptime is 56 minutes  We have checked the current IOS of this Switch and found deferred from Cisco...

Hi. I'm having a trouble with a 4510R+E switch.  The WS-X45-SUP7-E supervisors are constantly rebooting, and we can see a 'critical software exception reload' reason. We have checked the logs but we haven't found anything that could help us to troubl...

Hi We purchase 3 series Switch 2960x-fps-l last year, a series  has high failure rate , when Update IOS to "universalk9-mz.152-4.E6", Switch dont work and i see . you can see "" attached pic.    error messagewe open box of switch and see a chip attac...

error message.jpg Chip.jpg Ok sw.jpg 3sw.jpg

・Model WS-C2960X-24TS-L ・SW Version 15.2(4)E5 ・SW Image C2960X-UNIVERSALK9-M 上記の機種にて「no username ユーザ名」コマンドを投入したところ、以下のメッセージが表示されました。 [this operation will remove all username related configration with same name.Do you want to continue?]   15.2以前のバージョン...

Can anyone advise on the queueing behaviour on a 6807 Sup6T This is the current output from sh interface queueing  My understanding is that currently gi1/5/45 is trusting DSCP (Default Behaviour) but there is no queueing? 6807_Core1#sh queueing inter...

Resolved! Analysing subnets

DearAll   Just when I think i have subnetting cracked! I come across a question that throws me, here goes.   An IP subnetting design effort is under way at a company. So far, the senior engineer has decided to use Class B network 172.23.0.0. The desi...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card