Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I have a new 2960XR switch (48 1G copper ports and 2 Ten Gig SFP+ ports).  I need to configure uplink ports to a exiting switch using 1G fibre (multimode).  Im using a 1G fibre SFP inserted in the Ten Gig SFP+ port.  This appears to dynamically c...

this is odd to me, i use the same acl on my 3850 and 3650 switches and they it works but on my C3560cx switch it wont. there is something i'm missing but got me what it is.  my ios is 15.2(6)E1 here is my acl mac access-list extended Samsung-VoIP per...

757VA by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello!   I would  like to ask help to decide the reform of our network topology. I drew the relevant part of network and the 2 opportunity. We have 2pc 3850 (stack) L3 switch (Core-AB) as Designated router with OSPF routing. The area numbers 12, the ...

current-new_topology.png
efGyuri by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day to all!   I am detected high "Transmit Discard" on solarwind on certain ports. After drill down there are mostly connected to PC.   Found that when the PC is shutdown or sleep, the switch port still show connected, but it state to 10 mbps ha...

DNA2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i am a bit confused on lacp and pagp. when setting trunking mode is it the same steps on both because i have seen some people who do the  interface port command on pagp  and they enable trunking through there but on lacp they don't do the interface t...

Hi Everyone,I was trying to find the mac address of root bridge for vlan 20DSW1#sh spanning-tree vlan 20VLAN0020  Spanning tree enabled protocol rstp  Root ID    Priority    24596             Address     001b.90e7.d480*************...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi if I configure dhcp on router after I configure and switchport port-security on switch  fastethernet 0/1 interface fastethernet0/1 switchport access vlan 10 switchport mode access switchport port-security switchport port-security maximum 2 switchp...

Hiko by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Need some help with STP, I have not run across this issue before and have set several of these IE3000 switches up in my own environment with no issues. This gear is at a remote site that I am trying to help out.VLAN 100 is for management, VLAN 125 is...

cbuster35 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

I am adding new CISCO POE switches to my network (WS-C2960L series switches). Unfortunately, visio stencils is missing from the library "Switches-Catalyst 2960 ".    Does anyone know where I can get it from?   Thank you,   Serge

I have a 3560cx switch at a property (I'm not onsite) that keeps rebooting 1 or 2 times a day. When I do show version it says "Last reload reason: Power-on"   Any ideas on what would cause it to reboot this frequently?   Thank you

jkay18041 by Level 3
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card