Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hello all,   Who can solve me this. I have cisco 881, which is connected to the internet, through a dialer interface, and the pcs are going out to the internet. When I am in the router I cannot ping the pcs connected to it. #sh arpProtocol  Address  ...

fotismark by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please help to identify the correct answer with detail explanation. What is the correct answer? When a router is unable to find a known route in the routing table, how does it handle the packet? A. It discards the packetB. It sends the packet over ...

olly ahmed by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,.  Switch 1 and Switch 2 was set up as VSS. A VSS is network system virtualization technology that pools multiple Cisco  Catalyst 6500 Series Switches into one virtual switch. .       Switch 1 was ACTIVE prior to failure. During the failure, Switc...

Dear all. I have the problem with cisco switch model as stated above which do not able to start properly and keep rebooting the switch untill the end of my life i think. Can somebody help me to figure out what the problem that i have now on this swit...

Mat Ali by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone,   I apologize if I am asking a repeat question. Please help me with this network I designed. The router with the blue X in the picture can ping the cloud. But what do I need  to be able to ping from the routers with the red X to the c...

Good morning with everyone, please consult. In all my Switch 3750 installed, some static macros have come.   ============================================================================   CC3750G_Concent_4toPiso_103#sh parse macro brief    default gl...

Hello,   I have 2 switches that they are connected directly. both have the same vlan 20 for access.  I created a new vlan 100 this is a mgmt vlan, on both devices and create a SVI. On the interface that connects this 2 devices I added the vlan 100. s...

Hoping someone can help out with this.  I've been asked to create a VACL and apply it on a catalyst 3650 switch port serving a PDQ device.  Objectives of VACL are to prevent network traffic to other devices on the same vlan/network but allow traffic ...

Folks,a question to clear my understanding.When a host send a packet to a destination host, then what it writes in its packet as destination address. It is the gateway or the destination host's IP/MAC address?If it is gateway address of the host as d...

sugatada9 by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We use various tools and scripts to watch the network to make sure things don't change "mysteriously" (aka nefariously).  Ran into something the other day that we cannot locate an answer for.   We upgrade IOS on a 3650 and a PID changed on the sh inv...

wags by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Thanks in advance!   I am running a Nexus 3k switch.  At the moment I havea VLAN 50 with a single ACL on it - Inbound.  From my understanding this controlls all inbound connections. If I want to control outbound connections then I need to create ...

cloudops by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I found this article trhough another forum post about checking AAA accounting log to track commands that users would put in on our Cisco switches to audit changes.  Question is, how can I send this info to a Tripwire server?   Here's the link that to...