Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello. I need some help - I am learning networking and I want to ask some questions. I need to configure this schematic from start to end. First of all I want to find out about vlans in this schematic. Can I use them and do I need them? I know a litt...

Darjiaus7 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,On a new 1811 router, I am trying to use SDM to configure. Ive done the same on a remote router that worked OK, but this one is giving me a hard time.When I try to complete the wizard (pressing the Finish button) Im expecting a dialog box which in...

IM-Design by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have to add a TenGig card in my cisco WS-C6509-E. We usualy add WS-X6708-10GE. But currently we only have WS-X6708-10G-3C left. I already looked in cisco website for the compatibility but i am still unsure. 1- Is the WS-X6708-10G-3C works fi...

hi.sadiki by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello I need to give priority on a vlan for video on trunk port. So in case of overload on trunk, the port drops packets of other vlans but not packets of video vlan If i'm right before I need to mark packets with right priority on port and after mak...

Resolved! internet speed

Hi everyone,  I configured a router C891F for a client, soo it can be connected to two ISP each serving a different LAN ( U can see the architecture in the file attached) So i can make this work, i created 4 VRFs for the different networks, ( the WAN...

Hakim RS by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am currently seeing output drops on several uplink interfaces to other switches from a cisco 3560. I have monitored the controllers utilization and can see these interfaces occasionally spiking and this is when the output drop count increas...

Dan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, From the specs, i see that the 3850 only supports 8K of IPv4 routes. Is this per VRF or across all VRFs ? Isn't this number of 8K routes very limited, especially for the 3850XS models which are targeted at core/aggregation level ? The switch ...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 10 Helpful votes

Hi All.   I am having problems with configuring my layer 3 switch to reach the internet.   I wish to have the Inter-VLAN routing done at the SG300-28 and therefore configured my SG300-28 as the default gateway for all network endpoints in their respe...

oliver_b by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,i have a problem with some device on my network,when i connect it to a POE port, The RJ45 Ethernet port of the "PCD Device" destroyed. so the solution i have is "manual intervention", and connect the device with special cable (some wired disconnec...

Oron Yaniv by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have an input policy map on my 3850 switch interface gi1/0/1. It is marking all incoming traffic as 'EF'. My question is, if I run the command ' sh platform qos dscp-cos counters Gi1/0/1' will this reveal the incoming marking taking place by...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card