Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear all, I have a functional VSS with VSL well configured and so on. I need to completely review its configuration and startup again remotely via a technician. If I perform a write erase on it, will it destroy it's VSS configuration (VSL ports at m...

When I run the following command on my Core Switch - show spanning tree I see the following output -  Spanning tree enabled protocol rstp When I add the summary command, show spanning tree summary, I see the following - sh spanning-tree summarySwit...

GRANT3779 by Spotlight
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are going to implement BGP on our single router with two different links from the same ISP, one link is 400 mbps from location A and the other is 300 mbps from Location B, we need automatic load balancing and when link on location A goes down traf...

We have two different media, one HUAWEI radio device with 400 Mbps capacity and on SAF radio device with 100 Mbps capacity and using them as bridges between our two switches.  We did ether-channel to get 500 Mbps capacity and load balancing between t...

I have got a Cisco 1841 and I'd like to know how to format a corrupted flash in rommon mode. USB port isn't detecting a USB that is formatted to FAT. There is nothing wrong with the USB, because I have tested booting the IOS from the same USB on a 88...

Boo by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. i was looking through the configuration on the router and i came across  a term tty in sh line output. i tried to search many sites but i am confused Our cisco router and switch has four types of lines vty--these are lines used when we telnet...

i just needs to know can i use smart serial port on one side and stander serial port on the other side I am using 1841 with smart serial and 2600 with standered  serial port any one help pls I am just started CCNA I just needs for my practice?  

garaza by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Guys, I have two 6500 with VS-S720-10G running VSS with two VSL connections. One is on the supervisor (module 5) and the second is on a line card (module 4 - WS-X6708-10GE). In case the remote-chassis supervisor (mod 5) fail would be possible to keep...

Hello, I'm setting up a small network of the office.  This is my 2nd 5506-x.  first one was setup without much of a problem since I had L3 switch handling all the traffic.  This time i have a different setup with unmanaged switches for each vlan.  Th...

Hello All, In my network I could see asymmetric routing and need help to resolve the issue using ospf and costs are same for both 1F#sh int Gi3/1   5 minute input rate 116000 bits/sec, 61 packets/sec   5 minute output rate 7185000 bits/sec, 3249 pac...

moidinmkm by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm working for a customer who asked me to check why their C6800-16P-10G wasn't working as expected. They're running 15.1(2)SY4a which doesn't meet the minimum required release: 15.2(1)SY. Which IOS would be preferred? They're now running MD re...