Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello guys,we are hitting bug CSCuq70431 and as a workaround there it says "There is a backdoor method to disable the MET Vlans."Can please someone let me know what this backdoor method for disabling the MET Vlans is?Thanks in advance,Vesko

vesk01 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,   It is known that normal/basic EIGRP calculation =   (minimum bandwidth + (sum of all delay)) * 256 Let's say there a 2 hops from source A to destination B A --bw1--> [R1] --bw2--> [R2] --bw3--> B q1) why does it only use the minimum bandwid...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all, I performed on several WS-C2960+24TC-L  a downgrade from 15.0(2)SE6  to 12.2(55)SE9.When the switch reloads all seems to be ok but the flash are not recognized (unknown file system).Neither is possible to configure the switch because it is...

dugolotti by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a 4500x VSS at the core of our network. Up until this point, we have had one default route out to the Internet for the many vlans/subnets that terminate on the core switch. I've introduced a second gateway and am trying to selectively point v...

Hello,I am doing a review of a network and looking for some clarity on the current switch configuration There are 2 L2 switches – SW1 and SW2 VLANS have been configured as:Network Data – VLAN 555DMZ 1 – VLAN 600DMZ 2 – VLAN 700 The two switches are c...

Cody Ridge by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

EDIT: Hello guys,   what a stupid mistake from me! I've forgot that i have applied some basic security configuration, which included command to drop all IP packets with Options field set:   ip options drop Because IGMP Membership Report packets use R...

Hi All,Recently i had attended an interview in which there was a tricky question, PC A -- Sw 1 ---- Sw2 -- PCB Let us suppose if we are not running STP and Sw1  & Sw2 have 2 links connected to each other. Unfortunately PCA pings to the wrong ip and a...

I am getting the following output when I run a traceroute to a specific IP, all other IPs are ok. 10.255.3.252 is the WAN interface on the router.  I am getting the same result when I run a trace on the Standby router.  Any ideas what might be causin...

Folks,How best can I compare a Cisco "WS-C4507R+E" versus a "WS-C4507R-E" chassis? I understand that the SUP 8E is not supported in the later model and there are some per slot bandwidth upgrades.Is there anything else that should provoke me to look a...