Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys.. I need your help regarding cisco switch I want to know that my cisco switch is original one or chinese copy.Kindly share the method for finding it. Regards

Does anyone here operate their routers & switches without a username specified? We don't use the username in our login or enable authentication (use vty and enable passwords), just wondering if there is some requirement for a username that I don't kn...

our isp had assigned /29 range ip address to us. These ip address are mapped to private ip using nat. We ran out of this public ip and requested our isp to assign new range of public ip, they assigned /29 range we have an web server that host about 1...

rsvinay89 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Has anyone used a 100Mbps SFP with this EHWIC module?I want to use a GLC-FE-100EX SFP with this module but there aren't any 100Mbps modules listed in the table of supported SFPs in the following link:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/...

johncapr0 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In the event that I have a pair of HSRP routers that also act as DHCP servers, what is the best way to avoid an IP address conflict? I don't want the Active Router to give out an IP, fail and then have the Standby (now the Active) give out the same I...

Hi All, I would like to configure my core switches as the ntp master for the environment but also I would like to have the core switch sync with a public NTP server. Can you advise if this is possible? I have seen both commands available on the switc...

rramlal by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I can't get a grip on the IOS versioning numbering.Taking 12.2(44)SE3 as an example, (44) sould be maintainance number and the 3 of SE3 sould be the rebuild number. What is the difference beween these?An higher maintainance number of a softwar...

dennisv99 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I'm going to take CCNP Switch Exam next week. I was hoping if you could give me any suggestion ? about to take a look to particular topic ? Or anything? 

Hello,I'm working with a Cisco 3750 within my corporate network, trying to separate data VLan 1 & Voice VLan 100 VIA VLans. This will be my first time trying this alone without any help, and I was needing a little help on how to go about implementing...

ronniew85 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Community,we are planning to downgrade/upgrade our 2960s and 2690x switches to IOS Version 15.0.2. Is there a recommended Release where we don't have to expect too many bugs ;) I'm looking for the most stable version of this release train. Any ...

Let's say there is a client  router connected on switch port G1/0/6. But command on switch "show mac address table int G1/0/6" shows nothing. Also command "sh ip dhcp snooping binding int G1/0/6" also shows nothing. So i do not see routers mac or ip ...

eXPlosion by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a esxi host that I took out of a cluster and added back in. After adding back inm I am not able to see the host in the n1kv switch sh mod vem mapping says its absent I tried restarting the vem on the host and unloading but got the error # vem ...

Dragomir by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes