Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi I'm using a Nexus 5548 switch. I've got a trunk port setup that should accept vlan 1-2,22   vlan 2 and 22 are working ok, but machines on vlan 1 aren't working.   Any ideas?   SWI-NK5-01# sh int Po50 trunk --------------------------------------...

vincenoir by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I know VSS (Virtual Switching System) is supported in Cisco 6500, 4500 E series and in Cisco 6800 X and XL series switches. But does the Cisco 6800 ia, or any other Cisco switches support VSS? Is VSS a Cisco proprietary protocol? Any other ve...

sugatada9 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi  We have Cisco 4510 R Switch with two 14000 DC power supply .This DC supply is getting the power from two AC external power shelf. Now we need to to use the fully loaded chassis but somehow we are not able to use it because of power unavailability...

First time configuring etherchannel.  I have followed the documentation, watched videos, etc.  The channel is up, but wanted to verify I did it right - and have not missed something.Scenario:Connecting a brand new 3650X into a 3750.  The 3750 is the ...

I have a WS-C4948 Enterprise Services Switch that I would like to run NAT Overloading between 2 VLAN's.  However, I tried assigning the inside and outside interfaces using the "ip nat outside" and "ip nat inside" commands.  I have tried these under r...

NPT_2 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts,Is there an intuitive way to extrapolate what features a customers is running on a router / switch without actually sifting through a "show run" for a given platform? Are there any automated tools or applications that might help with th...

chestes by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have noticed on allot of our switches we use the following commands under the interface int gigabitethernet0/1spanning-tree bpdufilter enablespanning-tree bpduguard enablestorm-control broadcast level 10.00 when reading on the first command ...

We have a Metro connection setup for replication and we are getting a lot of re-transmits with our storage and they (Dell) made a few suggestions.  Currently our SYSTEM MTU is set to 9000 but they suggest 9198.  First, does that make sense and second...

bigpomaha by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was applying policing command to an input policy in my 6509 switch and get the following message in bold. I could do the same thing in my c3560 switch. can someone tell me why? I attached "show ver, and show module".  Eventually I need to apply pol...

I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I'm having a bit of trouble understanding my options in terms of VSS support for two 4510R+E chassis switches with the SUP8-E cards.These two switches are going to serve as a replacement for two 4507 ...

Hello,I'm trying to build a typology similar to my work in GNS3, I'm using routers with the NM-16ESW module for 16 switch ports.  Anyway I'm trying to get the host on the VLAN 90 switch an IP address via DHCP but it's having none of it. Core 1 and 2 ...