Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Labels

Forum Posts

I work for a non-for-profit, and we have a Cisco 2911 that is having some major redundancy issues. We have Frontier Fiber over Ethernet and as a backup Frontier DSL. The Frontier Fiber is the primary, and should be working all the time. The HSRP is s...

What happens when we mix cat5 and cat6 cables? For example from the desktop to patch panel it's cat5 (100mbps) and from the patch panel to the switch cat6 which supports gbps. Is it going to create any issues?

avilt by Participant
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having a hard time understanding VTP Pruning and how broadcasts/traffic affects Trunk Ports on switches, which have VLANs in their database. I am hoping someone can explain it in a different way then what documentation is explaining.According to...

Please let me know how to rate limit the 2960 switch port to 1 MB. I have made the specified chnages , how ever still it is reaching more tha 1 MBHard coded the bandwidth of port to 10 MB and have applied the specified command srr-queue bandwidth lim...

why wont my ip phone get the right ip address? is this even going to work like this? i have a 1811 and on fa1 i have a switch set up. i would like to set up an ip phone and have the wifi on my lap top to get a specific ip. im just trying to get the i...

I am trying to use copy replace but getting "%The input file is not a valid config file." errror message on ASR1001 platform.following is the config i am trying to replace (saved as test-config) hostname ABC-01!boot-start-markerboot-end-marker!!vrf d...

Hai everyone, I am having direct connection b/w cisco 6509 and cisco 4506,all access rules and vlans and configurations  are in 6509,if 6509 is down how can i make 4506 active automatically to act as cisco 6509. Thanks in advance.

anishunni by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello-  I have 2 4506 switches in our main office, both have 5 48 port blades.  They are configured with a data vlan and a voice vlan.  I can see on the fiber trunk port, network utilization isn't terribly high, but I wonder if the data vlan would be...

jfinger by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

One of my switches SW03 (1.33) is unable to ping anything in the 254 subnet/VLAN. when I do a sh arp I see numerous subnets coming in from my Gig1/1/2 interface which connects to my to SW00 switch.  The guy before me setup this up in a odd way where ...