Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All, i deleted the old IOS from 3750 switch, uploaded a tar version of the new one, unfortenatelly forgot to unzip and reloaded the switch. I am in Rommon mode and cannot upload the new bin IOS via xmodem probably because there is not enough space...

I am hitting a blank here ... help would be appreciated. Our config is:887VA router > 2960S switch I have setup 4 VLANs and was hoping to use the router for interVlan routing.VLan 1 > 10.23.1.1 255.255.255.0VLan 20 > 10.23.2.1 255.255.255.0VLan 30 > ...

I am trying to get a PtMP network type running along side an existing broadcast network.  I have a collection of routers connected to a VPLS service and all participating in vlan 80, network type broadcast.  This is problematic if a random VC between...

sean_kndy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings, I've been getting ready for the CCENT exam and I just came across the content for the different types of switching. Is there a way to configure one or the other in terms of cut through vs store and forward on a 2960? Or is this something...

I work for a non-for-profit, and we have a Cisco 2911 that is having some major redundancy issues. We have Frontier Fiber over Ethernet and as a backup Frontier DSL. The Frontier Fiber is the primary, and should be working all the time. The HSRP is s...

What happens when we mix cat5 and cat6 cables? For example from the desktop to patch panel it's cat5 (100mbps) and from the patch panel to the switch cat6 which supports gbps. Is it going to create any issues?

avilt by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having a hard time understanding VTP Pruning and how broadcasts/traffic affects Trunk Ports on switches, which have VLANs in their database. I am hoping someone can explain it in a different way then what documentation is explaining.According to...

Please let me know how to rate limit the 2960 switch port to 1 MB. I have made the specified chnages , how ever still it is reaching more tha 1 MBHard coded the bandwidth of port to 10 MB and have applied the specified command srr-queue bandwidth lim...

why wont my ip phone get the right ip address? is this even going to work like this? i have a 1811 and on fa1 i have a switch set up. i would like to set up an ip phone and have the wifi on my lap top to get a specific ip. im just trying to get the i...

I am trying to use copy replace but getting "%The input file is not a valid config file." errror message on ASR1001 platform.following is the config i am trying to replace (saved as test-config) hostname ABC-01!boot-start-markerboot-end-marker!!vrf d...