Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

On a 3750 there's an interface config like:interface FastEthernet0/1 switchport mode access speed 10 srr-queue bandwidth shape 5 0 0 0 srr-queue bandwidth share 25 25 25 25 srr-queue bandwidth limit 50 priority-queue outSo queue 1 will get 20% of the...

jsommer by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all.Could anyone point me in the right direction regarding the dilema below.I have a pair of ASA 5510's running with VLAN Sub-interfaces. For simplicity i'm going to label them 1.3 (192.168.12.0/24) and 1.16 (172.16.100.0/24)Connected to VLAN.3...

Adam G by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, We're trying to lock down our remaining Windows XP machines to minimise our exposure to unsupported OS, and one thing we're considering is a dedicated VLAN with an ACL that allows only specific traffic through to specific servers (DNS, LDAP, ...

Hello All, Under my  Nexus config, I currently have this:ip route 0.0.0.0/0 10.10.0.1 5ip route 0.0.0.0/0 10.10.0.50 10 What do route preference numbers (5 and 10) mean under these lines? Thanks.

Dear Experts,is there a way to create a schedule to backup the cisco configurations of a switch or a router? I thought CNA would be able to or create a script to login to the switch and take a copy of the configs.  Has anyone here did this before? Ma...

bhussein1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pair of 5548's that I purchased with the layer 3 routing module as part of a bundle.  I am trying to setup some layer 3 routing between a couple of SSVI's but have not had any luck.  From one VLAN I can ping both VLAN interfaces but I can no...

jecker by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I need to change the vlan of my management network and had a few questions. I have two cores (4507's) that i created the new vlan on and started to add the vlan to the access switches (2960's) throughout the campus. is it ok to setup the new vlan ...

Guys,I'm getting the following error message in my environment.. Can you please shed some light on this issue...  %ETHCNTR-3-LOOP_BACK_DETECTED: Loop-back detected on GigabitEthernet0/43.%PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: loopback error detected on Gi0/43, putting G...

Hi,I've got a ten gig interface on a 6509 running 12.2(33) configured as a trunk, but I've not been able to add any allowed VLANs as I've done before on other ten gig ports on different 6509 chassis. Am I missing something obvious?I'm assuming that t...

bgfl-tech by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,it seems to me that dhcp snooping drops incoming DHCP packets even on a trusted interface if the packet has giaddr set.(the giaddr is set, because this packet get relayed from a branch office router)Is that true ? Is there any way the get it th...

This is my first time trying to configure a WAP for out network.  I have an AP1141 connecting to an SG300-28 switch.  The subnet for my WAPs is 10.10.40.0/24.  The rest of my internal network is 10.10.10.0/24.  There are four other WAPs on the 10.10....

jennifer by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a log file that tells that the license file is missing for  LAN_ENTERPRISE_SERVICES_PKG, but I do not use any feature of that packageNX3k# sh feature | include enalldp                  1         enabledprivate-vlan          1         ena...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card