Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Which IOS is better Modular or non-Modular?According to my understanding, Cisco came out with Modular IOS in which they isolate services and hence when upgrading, without disrupting other services only the effected services we can upgrade.Say two ...

Dear Friends,I have two switches of cisco c3560-24PS-s with IPbase ios installed. I need the routing OSPF and RIPv2 for my network.But these switches not support OSPF while they can support RIPV2.Can i upgrade this switch to any IPservices IOS that w...

Hi i just want to verify if i am going right now i have two 3550,s that are routing traffick to some asa5505 firewals but at the same time i want vlan 100 and 200 to use one of the 3350 as the root bridge and the other two vlans to use the other 3550...

How can i manage a lot of routers? I only have putty or teraterm. Cisco Configuration Professional is to slow an you can not see the console. So does anyone have a good tool? What tools will be good to handle routers?Thanks ---Posted by WebUser Raimu...

Hi everybody.Is there any way to filter what's getting logged? Particularly, I would like to get rid of dot1x authentication failure messages, like these:000271: Feb 27 12:40:18: %MAB-5-FAIL: Authentication failed for client (b499.baf6.abbc) on Inter...

Hi guys, I am studying my ccna and have had a cisco 3725 router set up at home for a while but wanted wireless back in my house and so swapped for 877w.There is no wireless covered in the ccna so I am kinda learning this as i go. I am with BT (in the...

Lukeager1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,Please help me about it ...The same network I have designed and working fine on the RIPV2 but I want it on the OSPF but it works on the packet tracer but not on the GNS3. In this diagram there are multiple areas and there are three ABRs conn...

I have a Cisco 871 router that i'm trying to config right now with following config:show runBuilding configuration...Current configuration : 3852 bytes!version 12.4no service padservice timestamps debug datetime msecservice timestamps log datetime ms...

Hello,I have an advanced question regarding 3750 outbound QOS buffer allocation.If a queue needs to "borrow" from the common pool, is this assignement immediatly ? or is it scheduled ?For example, take this example:mls qos queue-set output 1 buffers ...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a stack of 3 2960S's switches connected to a Cisco 3750X via a 4 port copper Etherchannel, intermittently the users are losing connection to the internet and with a host connected to the Master switch running a continuos pi...

We could transfer 900 Mbit in half of a second and another 100 Mbit for the other half of that second.  How much data was transferred during that second? The answer is 1 Gbit.  If we transfer 500 Mbit per half second and another 500 Mbit per the othe...

weilliu by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone,I work for a small web-dev consulting firm.  a couple of years ago they had a network infrastructure consultant come in and do a build-out which was a total pooch-screw..  they spent waaaay too much on equipment that was either unneces...