Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I have a Catalyst 2950. I wanted to use the Interface Range function.However, I couldn't get it to work.I want to apply to all ports. So I type:enableconfigure terminalinterface range fast FastEthernet 0/0-23But, it complains..pointing either at ...

Hi Guys,One of our WAAS device is directly connected to service provider router directly(there is medium in middile), whenever we see the interface status at provider end device we found the duplex setting as half duplex/100 Mbps but though there is ...

Im a little confused on port sticky command, Would it be more Likely to be used as a security for only allowing some devices to connect to a network, or to just keep trace of the devices that have been and currently are connected?Ive search for a whi...

My head office have 4 Radio link with and each connect my 2 branches with main and back link wise versa radio link 5GHz with HQ. so my HQ have 3750 new cisco switch and also one of branch have 4500 series switch and reason of this operationally very ...

Hello,Can you run ospf and eigrp on a mpls cloud or is mpls only meant for bgp, also If its possible to run ospf and eigrp on mpls what are the advantages and disadvantages of running bgp on mpls cloud versus ospf and eigrp on a mpls cloud. Another q...

Hi GuysRequest your help on my query :I have a distribution switch  and access switch and port channel between them.Dist switch is the VTP serverlets assum I have 25 vlan when I do show vlan brief on the access switch I can see all 25 vlans listed no...

cisconell by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, Is it possible in ospf to generate summary address using area range command destined only for 1 particular area. Let say R1 is connected to 3 areas. Area 1 , 2 and 0. I want to summarize routes coming from area 1 and advertise them only in Ar...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Community,the following scenario:LAN Switch X4510 with two SUP7E Supervisor Engines in redundant Mode (hot stdby, SSO)actual Firmware is V15.0 (1r) SG2I plan an update to V15.0 (1r) SG10, newest Firmwareversion for the SUP7EQuestion:It's possible ...

hajo.horn by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 6500 switch configured with a single primary vlan and multiple secondary vlans mapped to it (see below).    First, Everything works fine.  However, when I try to associate another secondary vlan (i.e. vlan 501) on gi7/1 interface all traff...

kirvin1 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am purchasing new Cisco Catalyst Switches.  one cisco website i saw the following line on Catalyst Switch mode 3850 series-Faster deployment of new campus access networking infrastructures by eliminating the need for a power outlet for every...

All,I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but I wanted to ask some of you. Suppose you have a router die in the field in another state, country, etc. Cisco replaces that router, but it's going to have a blank config when your site receiv...

Hi all, we've got a couple of those devices mentioned above. Thye are used for voice. I'm trying to get usage data through snmp, later I'll try to graph it In Dude or Zabbix (not shure, just starting to explore both),I've found following:If I get dat...

Hey ,Can any one suggest me the best IOS image for router 3925E . Currentry we are running c3900e-universalk9-mz.SPA.153-1.T.bin & I want to upgrade the Image. Traffis running through router is Voice and Data.Thanks in advance.