Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Does anyone out there know if it is possible to track an object's availability  (as part of a routing policy) but to specify the TTL of the ping packet used to track that object's availability?I am trying to prefer one route over another for specific...

We have the following port channel configuration:Port Channelinterface Port-channel5 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunkendInterfaceinterface GigabitEthernet1/0/5 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk chann...

HiAm I overlooking something when I try to add a new member to a 3850 stack ?  I added a 4th member to an existing stack and the whole stack rebooted.  The new member was there once the stack came back online but I didn't expect the whole stack outag...

hi,Is there a way to check the current installed processor and its capacity on a cisco switch.I had checked the show version and output we get is cisco WS-C3560G-24TS (PowerPC405) processor (revision D0) with 131072K bytes of memory.Processor board I...

Hi,    I want to know one things about methods we can assign ip address to switch virtual interfacesCore-Switch#sh ip int briInterface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                ProtocolFastEthernet0/0            unassigned    ...

I have 2 3750s connected via flexstack. Its working good no issues.I have 8 2960s (each in stack of 4).Each stack of 2960s, is connected via a port-channel to my 3750. But, I have a backup port-channel to my second 3750, just in case my first 3750 go...

Hi,I have 3 switches (ESW520 and 2x 2960-s) configured in a star configuration. One 2960 and ESW520 both have multicast cameras connected, the other 2960s has the recording and viewing equipment connected. I have enabled IGMP snoop...

Due to the wonderfull world of PCI Compliance, I have a need to seup a way to block traffic between hosts on a specific subnet at layer 2, this so each host cannot communicate with another host in its same subnet at layer 2. As I understand isoalted ...

HiSay, for example, I am deploying a large amount of VLANs with a Nexus  vPC toology.  So I would have no spanning tree loops.  Logically my topology looks like a single Core switch to Access switch link.  However, ideally I would like to only allow ...

Switches: C6509 port 5/1 (sup card) connected via copper to a 6505 port 6/47 (non sup card)Both ports 5/1 and 6/47 are configured as a trunkswitchportswitchport trunk encapsulation dot1qswitch port mode turnkMy C6509 (client) pulled all the vlan info...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card