Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,Is there anyone who could give me the hardware limit on the maximum number of HSRP group that you can use simultaneously on a Catalyst 4500-x?Is it 256 ?If someone can do the test? Unfortunately I don't have a 4500-x to make the testRegards.

rherve by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks,Currently have an issue since upgrading a corporate network.The office was running single VLAN, and now has mutliple VLANs configured (most hosts are still on the single VLAN)  and will migrate soon into their respective vlans soon. I have a 45...

Good Day Everyone,I'm a currently creating an intervlan topology.As of now I'm established tha VLAN and IP, applied trunking and vtp as well as used STP.However when I run it, only PC 1 (vlan 1 ip 192.168.1.100) managed to ping my 2 routers and it ca...

franzcvel by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Port security is enabled on our edge switches. When a new IT equipment is deployed, I want other techs to log in to the switch and take care of the port security violation. But I want the techs to have limited access to the edge switches when perf...

I've been trying to configure a test enviornment for a multicast scenario.--(192.168.1.1)--(MCSRCRTR)--72.72.72.0/24--(MCRTR)--205.176.20.0/30--(MCRTRRP)--205.176.30.4--(MC_RCVR)---2.2.2.2I did a test ping on MCSRCRTR by 'ping 239.0.0.10 source 192.1...

Hi, I recently purchased the RV180 router and right now it acts as the NAT gateway of my network. My questions is, what is the proper way to assign let's say 5 public IP address to 5 machines inside LAN?The router has LAN IP of 192.168.1.1 and public...

hyouhaku2 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,A very simple query here. Just looking for some feedback and examples of peoples thoughts regarding this.When issuing domain IDs VSS' in a single organisation at what number do you start issuing from? Do you start from 1 or 255 or somewhere el...

We are currently experiencing random multicast data dropouts on ports that are connected to a 3750X in VLAN ports.A test PC was connected to a routed port and we do not have any dropouts of the multicast data.We also took a 2960G and plugged it into ...

James_S33 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Scenario:Pure 3750X-48PS ip base stackOne switch reboots from a power issue (possibly the master switch? Haven't confirmed yet in the 3 cases I've seen)The rest of the stack stays running fine (as it should), the rebooted switch rejoins the stack jus...

ieee1284c by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes