Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have a pair of Nexus 55594UP with several fexes dual homed.I have configured a lot of LACP port-channel without problem with a lot of servers. We installed a new Sun Solaris several weeks ago with this config and it works great.Now we need to...

Vinny by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Folks!!I'd like to know if the Cisco 2821 is hot-pluggable device, I want to plug a HWIC-2FE card in this device, is it possible without power down the router?.Thanks in advance!!

We are having some strange behavior with an REP segment.  Several times a day we get a link failure and the following message is in the ME3400 switch that drops the link.  We are monitoring the CPU utilization and see no spike during the time that th...

Hi all:Stupid question:I have a switch that is attached to my network at a remote site a few hours away and it is online and functioning, however, I cannot SSH into it.  I believe that someone attempted to configure TACACS on it and didn't do it prop...

ckozub015 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a basic network setting with three switches connected on one LAN segment. Two of them (ME3600)are using MHSRP (two groups, each of them active on one switch)The third switch (LAN-Switch) acts as a default gateway for different Client-LANs a...

Hi Guys,I have encountered a weird fix to a problem that I would like to get some clarity on. Basically, we have a Cisco 1600 AP, connecting directly to a Layer 3 switch. The data VLAN (and therefore the VLAN the AP's are in) are VLAN 4. There is a V...

hi all,two of our routers were configured with the following config:Site A:crypto isakmp policy 1 encr 3des authentication pre-share group 2crypto isakmp key des address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    <---- WAN IP of the other site!!crypto ipsec transform-set ES...

flokki123 by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 6509 with a vlan confifured as shown below. I want to supernet the two /23 networks to a single /22, but if I change the interface to be 'ip address 162.212.188.3 255.255.252.0' OSPF stops advertising the network to other routers in the same...

jcohn by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a strage Layer 2 path between 2 switches.Switch A - a 3550 running Version 12.2(44)SE - ospf routingSiwth B - a 3750 running 12.2(55)SE3 - no routing protocol, no default gatewayThere is a layer 2 trunk connection (ethercahnnel) between ...