Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Port assignments

Dear all,i hope you do help me in this i do have an audio device that is forwarding multicast traffic to other speakers on ethernet network , they are all in same vlan same switch .i was wondering can i program that if i connected certain device...

Hello!Disable ports loopingUsers connect the network cable at two points in the network generating looping. which command to disable two ports of a Cisco 2960 when they are connected at the same time with the same network cable?           Regards!!!!...

Hi All,Does anyone know if GLC-GE-100FX is supported on the WS-C2960S-24TD-L.  I don't see this switch listed under the compatibiilty matrix.  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL632702.html#w...

The problem C3750x can not redistribute default route to neighour switch by eigrp.When i use below command "no eigrp stub" that display restricted.switch(config-router)#no eigrp stub    EIGRP is restricted to stub configurations only on this platform...

Need some guidance....We run a collapsed core with all internal traffic begin switched / routed thru our 6513E chassis.All outbound traffic is then passed thru an ASA 5555X cluster. On the internet side, I have a few appliances...Juniper gateway, Rev...

dclee by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dears ,Can i capture a layer 2 traffic from certain port , and broadcast it to other ports , or multicast it , or even mirror it to other ports ? (Same switch)if yes ? how can it be done ?and what are the restrictions of using such a thing .thanks & ...

Hello Experts,I am bit Confused in Cisco 2911 router, Plz tell me the difference in Model CISCO2911-SEC/K9  and  CISCO2911/K9. 1. Are both same or different ?2. What IOS version both have ?3. I think " IP BASE"  IOS not supported Security features li...

Resolved! Netflow for 4506

Hi All,I have 4506 with below sup, my requirement is to enable netfolw , but as i came to know that it is not supported in this sup, is there any additional option which can be explored to get the netflow working without replacing sup. Please suggest...

Resolved! EIGRP relationship

I am having issues running the eigrp routing protocol between my router and ASA firewall. The relationship between the two devices keeps resetting every 5 minutes. I can not determine what is causing the problem. The relationship between the other ei...

hi all,there's  a warning on using spanning tree portfast on using on hub, switches, etc but do i need to use this on a vsphere network?  that network will have multiple vm using that network or connection.thanks for any comment you may add.

venerayan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,What configuration is needed to implment Etherchannel between two switches in a rapid spanning tree environment? Any examples/links appreciated.Is the best load balancing algo dest-ip for this scenario?One side is root bridge/core switch and other...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Windows Server 2008 R2 has two DHCP scopes 192.168.1.x (for data) and 192.168.2.x (for VOIP). The Catalyst 2960-S has Vlan1 for the Data VLAN and Vlan 2 for the VOIP network. How do I setup DHCP relay for Vlan2 to get their IPs from the scope on the ...

netguyz08 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey Guys,This is going to sound like such a stupid question. If I have a L2 switch, can I configure an access list based off of an ACL, such asip access-list extended QoSExamplepermit tcp 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255 any eq 80And police based upon that, and or...