Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm becoming a real pest on here, haha. I have a number of 3560CG-8PC-S switches. My intention for them is to act as kind of gateway L3 switches - one for each satellite site. My thinking was simply to have an L3 device at the gateway to each of thos...

In the exams there are usually questions similar like "Which IP addresses are valid for hosts belonging to the 10.1.1.160/28 subnet" for this kind of problem I usually calculate the network and the broadcast address by adding the number 16 in this ca...

pezhmankh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   I encountered an issue while trying to boot Catalys WS-C4948-S switch. I power on the switch and I'm able to see the boot messages thourgh serial console cable. But it gets stuck at line "Image text-base: 0x1000000, data-base: ..... ". Also ...

TonnyRomm by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! rstp scenaio

Hi everybody  sw1f1/1------------------------------------f1/2sw2We just power on our two switches above.Sw2 happens to send first bpdu.Let suppose sw2 sends a bpdu claiming itself to be root,  with proposal bit set, port role as " designated" port st...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Folks,I've been chalenged by several HUBs (or SOHO switches) unauthorized connected to our LAN. Besides the treat of a L2 loop on the environment, that issue also involves a finnacial matter to my company, since all the billing process is based...

I am looking at purchasing a WS-C3850-48P-S and a Cisco ASA 5510 very soon for a client.  I am pricing out the hardware and I just want to make sure when you purchase a cisco switch such as the one listed above, I assume it doesnt come with a power s...

I have the ME3400 deployed in an the following design. 8 100Meg ports connects to Cisco 2955s, and the 1Gig port uplinks to a Cisco 3560. My CDP neighbour table only shows an entries for the uplink Gig port. If I look at the CDP stats in the show cdp...

I'm realatively sure someone has already wanted to know about this but here goes. I have a small netowrk that i want to setup, i have 1 2900 router and i'd like to create subinterfaces for the internal.  but more importantly i'd like to have the dsl ...

This feature doesn't work as advertised on the Release Notes and other documentation.  After 12 hrs of lab work and a tlwo day support call to TAC, they finally came back to me that:  IOS Upgrade works well if you use the command force-reload, w...

Hello All:I think I may have a duplicate IP issue. My connection looks to be intermittently working, sometimes I can't access it, then sometimes I can but I will be disconnected after 1 minute or so. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approac...