Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to track down an application response problem on my network (the traffic goes through a 6509 and FWSM).I noticed in one of my WireShark captures, that the client at times seems to be sending ackowledgements (ACKs) over and over again, and...

Hi All,I have a customer with two Datacenters in two locations connected through Dark Fibre. There are two Dark Fibre links for redundancy. The connectivity is like below:N7K-DC1---(1/1) <----------------------------Dark Fibre-------------------->(1/...

We came across some weird finding when doing a show interface on one of our 3750X switch.  (Please see the output below).GigabitEthernet3/0/11 is down, line protocol is down (notconnect)  Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet, address is 44d3.ca17.c40b (bia 4...

tuan dang by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i am running a number of isr's that have ip sla configured.  I originally had the polling nodes for sla set for the next hop but that didn't work because it wouldn't failover for dirty circuit.  I then changed the polling point farther out(to pac bel...

mialbert by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,is there a way to make aaa authentication requests source from a specific interface on a device? On remote DMVPN devices there are two tunnel interfaces and one VLAN 10 interface. The DMVPN device seems to send requests from one tunnel address or ...

I have topology as followsLike shown in the pic, I am using SVI Vlan 70 with IP shown on both of the Switch R1 and R2. R1 is in Active state while R2 is in standby state.The Problem is, R1 is able to ping the IPs, 172.30.70.3 & 172.30.70.1R2 is able ...

veddotcom by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi to all,1) Layer 2 loopI am presently studying for my SWITCH exam and the book is talking about layer 2 loops withtout really giving some details about  it.Just like to know if packets will start to loop on the following network when the Host A or ...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pair of data center core 6500 is running a single EIGRP AS with the standard core redundant cross connects.     Recently an SVI subnet was expanded from a /24 to a /23 and dropped out of the EIGRP routing table.  Subsquent trouble shoot...

VSL

Anyone has any issues running user traffic over the VSL link for devices that are not dual homed? I know that under ideal circumstance user traffic should not go over the VSL link, but we are not living in an ideal environment.Thanks