Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have tried to make policy based routing on Cisco 3560. I use ipservices ios (SW version 12.2.(50)SE3 and SW-IMAGE C3560-IPSERVICESK9-M)  For below configuration there is no problem and pbr is working.“Access-list 100 permit ip host  1.1.1.1 host 2....

mukremin13 by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! NAT/PAT and VFR

Hi everyone,I've been hunting around the web trying to find out why virtual fragmentation reassembly is automatically configured on interfaces that are configured for NAT but have been unable to find a solid answer. I've speculated it might be becaus...

bazzaroo by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On a current Catalyst product Is it better to assign an IP address directly to a VLAN interface or to assign an IP address to a Loopback interface that is in a particular VLAN?  What are the benefits or pitfalls of either method?

kpieckiel by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I've configured this in the past where you have 2 users on a switch with different privileges:username admin privilege 15 secret 5 $1$xhbN$3KuZkWG81username users privilege 3 secret 5 $1$fW/K$I2fQEJRd7s5When either account is used normally I wo...

Resolved! VLAN Advice

Before I implement the VLAN setup I have configured I want to make sure I did all of it correctly.Router SG300 L3 Router 192.168.0.93VLAN10 - ServersVLAN20 - Building B FOH - 192.168.2.1VLAN30 - Building B BOH - 192.168.3.1VLAN40 - Building A - 192.1...

I am configuring my first 2911 using a SFP card but I dont know the interface name for this module.show inv shows the card..Anyone know the interface number for this card or if it needs some config before it will recognize the interface?

Hello Experts,Can we use standard and extended access list on Cisco Switches? Is there any model where we can use or else it can be used on all the switche models Cisco have.Thanks...

ray_stone by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am implementing PBR on an ISR 1921 router.  I have created a route-map to match FTP, VPN, HTTPS and HTTP traffic and route this traffic outside a particular interface and another route-map to match SMTP traffic and route it via another interface...

2960 switch: To speed up XMODEM, I changed the console port speed to 115200, but did not set it back to 9600 right away. Now I cannot. The console port is stuck at 115200. I boot into bootloader mode (switch: prompt) and can see the commands, but whe...

I am a fairly basic configs that I just can’t figure out what I am doing wrong.  I have what I would consider a fairly basic config that I just can’t seem to get to work and I am sure it is something I am just not doing or grasping.   Basically I hav...

cursur949 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So, I was just curious. Is there any Cisco recommended interval for starting or rebooting a switch? We've got some switches that have been up over 2 years without a fresh reboot. I know they aren't like a Windows PC, which needs a fresh reboot every ...