Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,So I'm trying do some tcl scripting on our 2811 routers for research, but none of the commands seem to be working.  In priveledged mode 'tclsh' isn't found, and neither is 'event'.  According to all the documentation, our IOS 12.4(15)T10 should co...

carrollha by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI have two ESX nodes running on ESX 4.0 and running Nexus 1000V. They are licensed and have been running fine for some time with no issues.Recently I have added a new 3rd node to the cluster. I have installed the VEM and the node has been added ...

velo84 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i was trying to use router to set up a DHCP server. the test was successful. bu i want to know how DHCP works? because i know IP address is converted to mac address by ARP protocol so switch can reach correct destination. but in the case of DHCP, th...

i have a HP speech log server (to recored ip telephony calls for monitoring) connected with my lan networki have configured a layer 2 vlan (vloan 150) in core switch and i its forward to other lan access switches through VTP domaini have configured o...

Hiya,how do i connect cisco blade switches 3020 to n2248 as i get error disabled.i know bpdu has to be disabled on 3020 as it cant be disabled on n2k. can someone say how as i cant get it to work ?thanks

Hiya,I am having trouble updating the epld image on the 10gb Module of Neuxk 7k. we have two nexus and two 10gb module. Tried the other one and it worked fine. its jsut the first one that has problems with the epld image. i have tried on both the nex...

Hi All,I have a Cisco 3560 running as a Level3 device in my network running 10 VLANs and routing between most of them (nothing complex with ACLs) and running spanning-tree mode pvst. The main network is run on a netgear GS748TPS stack of three switch...

We have SLB configured on an HSRP 6509 pair running IOS verion 12.2(18)SXD3 in directed mode wiht equal weights.The SLB works fine the only problem we have is the way the SLB divides the load on the real servers.The questions isWhen a connection is o...

Can someone tell me what the (*) is on this show ip route <IP address>?#sh ip route 10.38.16.0Routing entry for 10.38.16.0/24  Known via "static", distance 1, metric 0  Redistributing via eigrp 1  Routing Descriptor Blocks:    10.64.31.3      Route m...

Hello Guys, I think my old account was deleted or something happaned to it.So my question is 1. How does OSPF calculate what is the cost of the link if it is > 100M, lets say we have two links 1g and 10g, the cost in each cases will be 1, right, 10^8...

sshah329 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I found a new problem in a new L3 Switch ME 3800X. It repeatedly restarts while I am swiching it on. Through the consol its showing errors after flash initialization. If Im breaking the operation it redirects it to switch prompt (switch:).Errors:1.As...

Hello Guys,I have an irror message: err-disabled.The PCs get their Ip from the DHCP.TroubleshootingI did  some troubleshooting:Switch#sh interfaces status err-disabled  Port      Name               Status       Reason               Err-disabled Vlans...

HI I have used all the ports on my 24 port 2960G and need to extend it with another 2960G. These switches do not have trunk ports so what is the best way to stack them and have all 5 vlans on both switches.Can I just use a port Channel trunk  etherch...

cmdrunix by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes