Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,if I read the Datasheet of Catalyst 3750X-Series-Switches it is possible to connect a new X-Switch to an existing and old Catalyst 3750-Series Stack.What kind of requirements are needed? Only same IOS-Version in the hole Stack and if possible ...

~chris by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,i have 3 routers connected to a shared medium (net 10.1.1.0/24). R1 (.1) and R2 (.2) are eigrp negihbors and i have a 2nd network, 192.168.7.0/24 configured on R3(.3)'s Looback0 interface. My purpose was to redistribute net 192.168.7.0 on R2 into ...

A client asked this question.  Below is how I responded:Q: Will the NFFC for the 4500 series work with a SUP6-E/SUP6-LE?A: NO.Expanded Answer: The following installation guide http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/hardware/install...

Trey Grun by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Experts,I got an alert mail from one of my switches. From the logs i got the followings2w0d: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/1, changed state to down2w0d: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/...

Hello,I faced multicast routing problem - There is no multicast UDP stream toward host, allthought all igmp Joins/Reports/Leaves from the host are correct.This is cisco 7609 ip mroute debug showing the situation: 369144: Nov 15 15:03:07.370 MSK: IGMP...

route-map outbound-policy permit 10match route-type localset community 3000:999 64810:1000 additive!route-map outbound-policy permit 15match route-type externalset community 64810:1000 additive!route-map outbound-policy permit 20set community 64810:2...

I am using cisco Nexus5548 and trying to enter a snmp community, but it doesn't accept it. It shows:NEXUS# snmp-server community <name> ro Error : Not a valid Community NameI enter a community name that is less than 32 characters, with symbols, numbe...

Hi all,I came across some discussions about GLBP with STP. Like Figure 41 at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Campus/HA_campus_DG/hacampusdg.html#wp1108611Cisco's description is wrong there. Even the link between the two distribut...

Good morning:I have a problem to create a VLAN with a Cisco 2801.I need to have base ports FastEthernet 0 / 0 and FastEthernet 0 / 1, in the same VLAN.Basically I'm trying to switch access redundacion, now I have redundant switches in which I have th...

mvilla by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm getting lots of problems with dot1q-tunnel on my test lab.In fact i receive traffic on a one client per vlan basis (traffic is PPPoE), i receive all this traffic on a router, collecting all these vlan on a bridge where the pppoe packets are...

darencrew by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes