Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I'm using a CISCO 2960 in my network... I have somewhere in the network (not connected to this switch) one VMWARE that as a mail server with ip address a.b.c.d and make address in the virtual network interface of 00:0c:29:26:99:5d.The thing is....

nibauramos by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 4 ports in an L-2 etherchannel..I want to change the native vlan to 10 from default of 1...Do i need to give "switchport trunk native vlan 10" only on interface port channel or on all the individual ports...thanks

ankugarg by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I'm reading through the course notes from the QoS course, and i'm a little confused about a few points.1. Are the CDT and hold queue out values only used in WFQ, not CBWFQ?2. When will the TxRing send? I understand that having too large a TxRi...

Aileron88 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm experimenting with a load-balancing mode on a Linux host -- two NICs, configured with Linux bonding mode 'balance-rr'From http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/bonding.txtbalance-rr or 0           Round-robin policy: Transmit packet...

Hi all,I thought I was going mad today. In a customers network I saw the following in an access-list:access-list 101 permit tcp 1.2.3.4 0.0.0.255 5.6.7.8 0.0.0.255 eq telnetIn the same access-list I found:access-list 101 permit ip 1.2.3.4 0.0.0.255 a...

Aileron88 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I 'd like to install the module in object in a WS-C6509 with two WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE.The minimum CatOs version to permit at ws-x6148ge-tx to go online is 8.(4), actually the CatOs version installed is 7.1(1)The Flash memory size is 32768K, I see...

ifabrizio by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we have about 45 VLANs on our network. We prune VLANs automatically( by configuring pruning) and from what I understand, if a switch trunk isn't manually pruned it will still carry instances of all VLANs. Some of our switches are old 3500XLs(only hav...

Is there a 10GE Twinax cabling standard and does it mandate passive cables when coming in lengths of 1, 3 and 5m? I dont believe there is any such standard and I know that other vendors sell 1,3 and 5m Twinax as ACTIVE. Anyone?Thanks

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there.I have an ASA 5510 running two vlans. Vlan 101 for workstations and vlan 102 for server and networking kit.I can access the asa via ASDM and SSH from the server vlan it sits in but not from my work station vlan.vlan 101: 172.16.101.0vlan 102...